- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Today, 08:12 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Today, 07:39 PM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Today, 09:07 AM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Today, 08:23 AM
- Barr Out for the Remainder of the Season with Knee Surgery
Yesterday, 09:03 PM
- Article: Hanging with Chad One More Year
Yesterday, 05:39 PM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Yesterday, 11:17 AM
- Article: Vikings Succeed with Next Man Up Mentality
Yesterday, 07:22 AM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Dec 18 2014 09:57 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Dec 18 2014 09:00 PM
26 Man Roster Next Saturday?
Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:41 PM
Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:05 PM
Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:31 AM
More interesting is the 26th man. In fact, this is the solution to avoid playing World Series games in November - schedule a split double-header every Saturday from Memorial Day to the Sunday before the All-Star break. I think that would be 7 Saturdays, but if not add a Saturday before or after. Doing that would shorten the season by one week - and allow teams to have a 26th player for the entire day, of course.
MLB is indeed considering allowing split doubleheaders for just that reason - schedule congestion. They're not considering them as often, but they are moving to allowing each team to schedule 1 per season. If it catches on, who knows?
Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:37 AM
Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:19 PM
Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:25 PM
Edited by greengoblinrulz, 24 June 2012 - 12:29 PM.