- Article: 5 Reasons Why Vikings Fans Should Be Paying Attention Super Bowl Weekend
Today, 09:12 AM
- Brian Banks
Today, 08:51 AM
- Expanding Instant Replay?
Today, 08:50 AM
- Goodell: State of the League Address
Today, 08:49 AM
- Article: Ranking the Top Vikings Free Agent Targets: 10-6
Today, 08:48 AM
- Article: Bridgewater Voted Pepsi Rookie of the Year
Today, 08:26 AM
- Article: Jim Marshall’s Hall of Fame Case
Today, 12:20 AM
- Article: Yo, Adrian . . . Are You Coming Back?
Yesterday, 11:00 PM
- Bridgewater named finalist for Pepsi ROY...
Yesterday, 10:56 PM
- Article: Wildxtra Trivia: The Northwest Swing - Saturday Answers Edition
Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
6 replies to this topic
Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:21 AM
The Twins used Their 2012 4th round pick on RH reliever Zack Jones from San Jose State. Jones throws his fastball in the mid 90s and has a slider. Scouts project the 21 year old prospect as a major league reliever. Jones owned an impressive 3.5 to 1 K to BB ratio this season at SJSU. Jones will start the season at Elizabethton and he made his pro debut last night, giving up 1 hit and striking out two in the E'Twins win over Danville.
Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:08 PM
Jones is off to a great start to his pro career. He started the season at E-Town and pitched six scoreless innings, giving up 2 hits and 4 BBs while striking out 9. Jones was then promoted to Beloit. In 2 games for the Snappers, he has pitched three scoreless innings, giving up 2 hits and striking out 7 without a walk. Jones also picked up a save for the Snappers. This hard thrower is living up to the high draft picks the Twins spent on him.