Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

From MinnCentric

Photo

matt maloney

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

at what point does the organization weigh the options of having a 28 yr old starter on a level where they cant field 5 starters vs. him blowing out the bullpen in every one of his starts. 6 starts....only one did he reach 5IP 11.25 ERA in 20IP 45hits (.446BAA) 13K 6bb.....lefties hitting .541 off him. There is absolutely no reason to keep him other than the organization doesnt want to promote a BJ Hermsen. Hopefully David Bromberg is back relatively soon.

#2 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Rochester's season is over anyway. I don't think Hermsen is ready for AAA; although, there has got to be a better minor league journeyman available.

#3 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Rochester's season is over anyway. I don't think Hermsen is ready for AAA; although, there has got to be a better minor league journeyman available.

I think they would rather keep Hermsen in AA for awhile & Im fine with that......but you cant say that he's not more ready than the bums they are/will be running out there. Saw Jeremy predicted Aaron Thompson may get the recall & that's typical Twins....another washout to take the spot instead of earning it.

#4 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Of course he could do better than Maloney! The individual development of prospects for the MLB is far more important than minor league competitiveness though. It was foolish for the Twins to release Daryl Thompson. He wasn't good, but he was at least respectable as a back end rotation pitcher.

#5 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

I agree on the development part......but if he proves he can handle AA successfully like he is/has, shouldnt he deserve a promotion AS part of his development. Again, Im fine with him in AA unless he continues to 'dominate' with his 88mph fastball. Realistically....he's far surpassed about everybodys expectations for this yr, but with success comes new/higher expectations

#6 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

Maloney TJ surgery .... done for yr