Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Traveling With The Twins: PNC Park

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-Twins-PNC-Park

#2 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Couldn't agree more about PNC Park or the city of Pittsburgh. Went to both for the first time last year. I expected the ballpark to approach the top of the list, but expected not to get much from the city itself in terms of beauty and character. Well the ballpark did more than approach the top of the list, it vaulted to the top. And without much question. The city (and the people in it) exceeded expectations even more. From a visually stunning downtown, to great food and bars, to wonderful personalities whenever we interacted with locals, Pittsburgh became one of my favorite towns. I can't wait to go back.

#3 East Coast Twin

East Coast Twin

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Couldn't agree more about PNC Park or the city of Pittsburgh. Went to both for the first time last year. I expected the ballpark to approach the top of the list, but expected not to get much from the city itself in terms of beauty and character. Well the ballpark did more than approach the top of the list, it vaulted to the top. And without much question. The city (and the people in it) exceeded expectations even more. From a visually stunning downtown, to great food and bars, to wonderful personalities whenever we interacted with locals, Pittsburgh became one of my favorite towns. I can't wait to go back.

I second (or third) all that: the downtown, the people and the ballpark. I try to go at least once a year from DC.

#4 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

I really like the Pirates and their fans. The Jolly Roger, PNC, the history, and the classic unis are all awesome. Too bad Forbes Field was destroyed a long time ago. Would have loved to see that ballpark as I believe it the largest ever.

#5 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

It is classic big steel, defiantly proud of its heritage, jutting its chin out at our expectations.

One of the best sentences I've ever read on this site (or many others).

Great story.

Edited by JB_Iowa, 21 June 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#6 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super friend

• Members
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

Attached File  IMG_1182.jpg   93.24KB   12 downloads View from our seats at PNC on 6/19/2012 Beautiful.
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

#7 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1354[/ATTACH]

View from our seats at PNC on 6/19/2012

Beautiful.

You have to be within spitting distance of where I sat at my only game there last year. Weird.