Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Pace of Play and the Twins

casey fien brian duensing glen perkins rob manfred caleb thielbar
  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 laloesch

laloesch

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm old school and something needs to be done re: pace/time of the games. Way tooooo slooow. I lose interest and I understand all the arguments for letting it be as is, but, there is no reason that a batter steps out as much as they do to adjust equipment or the pitchers hem and haw as much as they do.

I'd rather see a no step out rule for batters and the pitcher must pitch when umpire is ready. Let the umpire count count "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi etc." until he gets to "5 Mississippi" and call a ball.

Also stop all the visits to the mounds by limiting them to once per pitcher. They can talk in the dugout between innings ;)

I completely agree.  No more stepping out of the box for very pitch.  No more calling time to slow down the pitcher.  If you need to adjust your gloves do so between pitches.  On the flip side a pitch clock for the pitcher.

#42 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 9,339 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

So Pelfrey wasn't one of the three worst at far as pace goes?  Haven't we heard about how slow he is in like every start since he's been here?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: casey fien, brian duensing, glen perkins, rob manfred, caleb thielbar