- Barr Out for the Remainder of the Season with Knee Surgery
Today, 01:52 PM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Today, 01:29 PM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Today, 11:19 AM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Today, 11:17 AM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Yesterday, 09:57 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Yesterday, 09:00 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Next Year's Optimism, Playing Rookies and Draft Strategy
Yesterday, 07:24 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 16 Rankings
Yesterday, 02:16 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 16
Dec 17 2014 05:17 PM
- NFLPA files lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Peterson
Dec 17 2014 12:30 PM
Byron Buxton article
Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:17 PM
Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:15 AM
After reading that article and others, I wonder whether it might make sense to see if he can become a #1 pitcher, then move him to another position if the pitching does not work out.
154 strikeouts in 81 innings seems great even in high school. And he was clutch -- pitched a complete game to win the state title, striking out 18 batters.
The Twins are loaded with toolsy outfielders in the lower levels -- Hicks, Benson, Arcia, Morales, and Kepler. Why not take a year to explore whether Buxton could become the ace who they really need??? And I am not aware of any rule that would bar him from playing as a position player while he is trying to become a successful pitcher -- he is amazingly athletic and seems resilient enough to play in the field once or twice between starts.
I read another article but scouts don't see him as a pitcher like they did with Hicks (who threw high 90s).