- The World According to Zim
Yesterday, 11:04 PM
- Shame On You, Cook and Kanabec Counties
Yesterday, 09:41 PM
- Article: Vikings Game 7 Recap: The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
- Shonn Greene arrested
Yesterday, 10:55 AM
- Article: Jerick McKinnon—Running With The Opportunity
Oct 24 2014 07:54 PM
- Vikings' RB Jerick McKinnon Fulfills Zimmer's Request
Oct 24 2014 04:30 PM
- Vegas favors (1-5) Tampa Bay over Vikings
Oct 24 2014 04:27 PM
- Joe Webb back to catching passes?
Oct 24 2014 03:53 PM
- Judge Case not recused in Peterson case
Oct 24 2014 01:29 PM
- NFL introduces its own Lady Bing award
Oct 24 2014 12:15 PM
Byron Buxton article
Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:17 PM
Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:15 AM
After reading that article and others, I wonder whether it might make sense to see if he can become a #1 pitcher, then move him to another position if the pitching does not work out.
154 strikeouts in 81 innings seems great even in high school. And he was clutch -- pitched a complete game to win the state title, striking out 18 batters.
The Twins are loaded with toolsy outfielders in the lower levels -- Hicks, Benson, Arcia, Morales, and Kepler. Why not take a year to explore whether Buxton could become the ace who they really need??? And I am not aware of any rule that would bar him from playing as a position player while he is trying to become a successful pitcher -- he is amazingly athletic and seems resilient enough to play in the field once or twice between starts.
I read another article but scouts don't see him as a pitcher like they did with Hicks (who threw high 90s).