- Pro Bowl
Today, 07:17 PM
- Duron Carter in Purple?
Today, 07:00 PM
- Watch: Ryan Suter All-Star Game Goal
Today, 05:45 PM
- Article: Guide To All-Star Weekend
Today, 04:32 PM
Today, 04:31 PM
- Article: MN Wild Bomber: The Minnesota Wyld Stallyns
Today, 04:19 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Today, 04:16 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 04:07 PM
- NHL Trying Out Some New Tracking Technology This Weekend
Today, 03:23 PM
- Article: Ranking the Top Vikings Free Agent Targets: 20-16
Today, 02:49 PM
- Ranking the Top Vikings Free Agent Targets: 20-16
- MN Wild Bomber: The Minnesota Wyld Stallyns
- NHL: Minnesota Will Host Chicago in 2015-16 Stadium Series Game
- The Dog Days of Hockey Season- "Way to go, Paul."
- Draft Guru Raises Vikings Grade In 2014 NFL Draft Re-Grade
- Ranking the Top Vikings Free Agent Targets: 25-21
Article: What to Watch in 2012: Revere's Average
Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:27 PM
Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:52 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:04 AM
There is no doubt Revere needs to draw more walks, learn how to bunt, and find a way to hit the ball into the gap more often. However, singles are perfectly fine when you have a guy on base capable of turning it into a double or triple everytime he gets on base. Revere has the potential to steal 60-80 bases in a 162 game season. If he can figure out how to do these things better offensively he will be fine. The last thing is Revere is much more valuable playing in centerfield than in left or right. His defense saves the pitching staff about 8 runs a year because he runs down everything. The coaching staff is making a mistake putting him in left field and Span in center. His arm is even more terrible than anybody could have imagined, but he takes away extra base hits and runs down the ball with reckless abandon. Span is scared of the wall and after two concussions might play more tentative in 2012. Give Revere some time and a little credit for a damn fine rookie season.
Edited by Fanatic Jack, 18 February 2012 - 09:31 AM.