Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Ben Revere

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

With all these acrobatic catches today, it got me to thinking. Is there a chance that Revere wins a gold glove in RF with all of these great catches that he has been making?

#2 The Greatest Poster Alive

The Greatest Poster Alive

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

With all these acrobatic catches today, it got me to thinking. Is there a chance that Revere wins a gold glove in RF with all of these great catches that he has been making?

Gold gloves are not position specific for outfielders. It just goes to the 3 best defenders, regardless of outfield positioning.

#3 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,339 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Gold gloves are not position specific for outfielders. It just goes to the 3 best defenders, regardless of outfield positioning.

No, they changed it, it's now position specific.

#4 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 856 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

Now with the position specific Gold Gloves for the outfield, I think he has a decent chance. It helps that he makes plenty of highlight reel catches that are repeatedly shown in SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight. Unfortunately, he has to keep his offensive numbers up for people to even consider him. But the switch to position specific outfield awards seemed to work a little last year with a player like Gerardo Para winning for Arizona.

#5 anthonyq77

anthonyq77

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

It is just stupid that so may BBWAA guys take offensive numbers into account for a defensive award. that and the yankee bias is why imo herbie never won a gold glove.

#6 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,339 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

The BBWAA doesn't award the GG's, the managers and coaches do.