Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Braun powers Brewers past Twins

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...wers-past-Twins

"You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." -- Jim Bouton, "Ball Four"

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 14,670 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Nice work Parker!! Very good article!!

#3 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Braun, Plouffe’s off-season workout compatriot

Despite your analysis of the changes in his swing and how happy I am for Plouffe, that clause gives me a queasy feeling.

The Brewers were being pretty cautious with Plouffe. Makes me wonder why the Twins don't employ the same strategy from time to time. I did appreciate the one Braun AB where they were jamming him on the inside part of the plate.

And, it was yet another day of seeing offensive impotence when the opposing pitcher is better than mediocre.

Edited by JB_Iowa, 16 June 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#4 Thrylos

Thrylos

They Finally fired ’em. Play Ball!

• Members
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

This whole PED case and him getting of with a technicality, makes me respect Braun as much as I do ARod, Manny and the like confirmed cheaters. Which is not much. Kinda hate him doing this to the Twins in a non-level playing field...
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#5 Neil

Neil

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I am a big fan of this writing style. It brings me back to the feeling reading the always-gripping recap of the last night's game in the paper as a kid. Please feel free to post as many of these as you like, Parker!

#6 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 7,851 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

This whole PED case and him getting of with a technicality, makes me respect Braun as much as I do ARod, Manny and the like confirmed cheaters. Which is not much. Kinda hate him doing this to the Twins in a non-level playing field...

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder whether he would have hit either homer without the PED enhanced swing.

#7 Jack Torse

Jack Torse

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Morneau's AB's yesterday were simply not major league caliber. They were beyond struggling and close to clueless.