Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Game 60 - Twins vs Phightin' Phils - 6/12/12

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Assistant to the General Manager

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

[quote name='Bark's Lounge;24437]Word up Glunn! Sorry' date=' I have been a bit busy with some things and have been missing. Changing June to Plouffe makes total sense... especially because Plouffe's B-Day is on Friday... Plouffe 15th... that is also my day of birth. If things keep going the way they are we might have a few cities named Plouffeapolis and St. Plouffe... "The Plouffe Cities".[/QUOTE']

Heyyy, my birthday is Friday too!! Whoa!

Should'a gone fishing

#82 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 4,485 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

I should think no. I think the Target field aura got into Kubel's head and became psycho-somatic (I think this goes for other current players as well), so it doesn't surprise me that new guys who haven't been inundated with the aura of 'vast expanses' of TF don't let it affect them. Regardless, I will opine that unless you are a pull-hitting power lefty, the park is easier on righties.

I 100% agree with your Kubel theory and the fact that it has psychologically messed with the heads of a few other Twins in the power category. Willingham and Plouffe have been a delight to say the least!

#83 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 4,485 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Heyyy, my birthday is Friday too!! Whoa!

Well happy birthday my friend! June 15th... cool! A former Acquaintance of mine once told me "I am a Gemini. You will never get to know us." I always thought that was humorous.

#84 NorthwestTwinsFan

NorthwestTwinsFan

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

I am not sure what website it is, but it was giving the Twins a 0.0% chance of making the playoffs. Of course, with their recent resurgence, this number probably isn't right.

Yeah, there's no way that's correct. A 0.0% chance would mean that even if the Twins won the rest of their games and teams ahead of them lost the rest of their games, they still wouldn't make the playoffs. As it stands now, the Twins are only 8.5 games out of first with 102 games remaining....far from impossible.

#85 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,590 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Time to build for the playoffs. Trade Liriano Blackburn and Valencia for an above average starter.

Why be stingy? Throw in Nishioka and acquire yourself an ace.

#86 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 8,648 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

[quote name='Bark's Lounge;24437]Word up Glunn! Sorry' date=' I have been a bit busy with some things and have been missing. Changing June to Plouffe makes total sense... especially because Plouffe's B-Day is on Friday... Plouffe 15th... that is also my day of birth. If things keep going the way they are we might have a few cities named Plouffeapolis and St. Plouffe... "The Plouffe Cities".[/QUOTE']

I love those ideas, especially "St. Plouffe."