Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

National League?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

I know it's never going to happen, but given our fairly consistent success in inter league play and our perennial struggles against the Yankees and other AL powerhouses, how do you think the Twins would fair if we switched leagues? A lot more fights with Brewers fans, but you could also justify converting a guy like Hicks easier if you knew he would actually hit once in a while

#2 Scheherezade

Scheherezade

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I'd say all of the National League divisions are more competitive than the AL central right now. You might be able to avoid losing in straight games to the Yankees, but you won't get a free pass to the playoffs with 90 wins.

#3 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

I know it's never going to happen, but given our fairly consistent success in inter league play and our perennial struggles against the Yankees and other AL powerhouses, how do you think the Twins would fair if we switched leagues?

A lot more fights with Brewers fans, but you could also justify converting a guy like Hicks easier if you knew he would actually hit once in a while

The Twins would be about the same. it's all about pitching and the Twins don't have a lot.

And having to manage with PH's and no DH? Not for me. Do not enjoy watching pitchers flail.