Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

This Justin Verlander......thing

justin verlander
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Trautmann13

Trautmann13

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

I just became acquainted to this Justin Verlander/Kate Upton leak thing, and oh boy....it defiantly happened.

All I will say here on this 'family accessible' site is Mr. Verlander went from having a bad year professionally to having the worst year of his life. He has become a joke overnight and will likely never be taken seriously again. I almost feel bad for... *looks at multitude of pictures*...oh, nevermind.

BTW, this is not intended to be vulgar or inappropriate in any way. This is just meant to start a discussion about this situation which is connected to a Major League pitcher. If it is deemed too inappropriate for TD, I will remove this Topic if asked.

-Noah Trautmann

#2 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Member

• Twins Mods
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationNatick MA

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Moderator's note.For the moment, I agree with this as a legitimate baseball topic, but be forewarned a conservative approach to moderating can be expected. 

No photos; no links, please.That's what Google's for (been there done that already :) ). 

Post like adults; no wait, my youngest son is 21, act like you're older than that. No, Verlander himself is 31, so maybe the bar should be set above that.  

• glunn and Trautmann13 like this

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.

#3 big dog

big dog

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Well, it definitely has to be an unwanted distraction during a pennant race. No doubt about that.

#4 Trautmann13

Trautmann13

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

His next start should be very interesting.

Edited by Trautmann13, 31 August 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#5 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

The lesson is don't take photos like that unless you don't care if the whole world to see them.  Large companies have whole departments that work computer security, and they sometimes still get hacked. Your cell phone or laptop is easy pickin' if someone really wants the info. 

For most of us, the whole world wouldn't want to see the photos, so it's not as big a concern.  

#6 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

Omg. Those are some x rated pics. No wonder he is pitching bad. If i were justin, I would retire and buy an island and never leave her side...yikes. What in the world would posses someone to take pictures like that?

#7 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Kepler 452b or bust

• Members
  • 5,272 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

Heading: none of my damn business. I'm good with that heading.

#8 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

That could liven up the slide show at the wedding reception -- if they get that far.

• glunn and Trautmann13 like this

You've Gotta Have Heart.  All You Really Need Is Heart.

When the Odds Are Saying "You'll Never Win", That's When The Grin Should Start!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: justin verlander