Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature near 90.
Okay, lineups in and up. Brian, your turn.
Roger That!!! Who is Roger?
Things to Think About:
1. DH/1B -- Joe Mauer is playing his third straight game at DH while Kenny Plural starts again at 1B. To my understanding... this is just Gardy getting an extending look at Vargas as a 1B. Joe has a reported sore non throwing shoulder but according to Gardy... It's a non-issue or in professional medical terms a boo boo that wouldn't effect his play. Gardy is just using the situation to get Vargas some games at 1st and get a look at him. Gardy will file a report for the Twins 2015 manager. Just Kidding... Just Kidding... Just Kidding... It was a joke... Just Kidding... Just Kidding.
2. If it weren't for Bad Luck... I'd have no luck at all... Woe Despair and Agony on me -- It was announced that Alex Meyer was placed on the DL. This should end all speculation of seeing Meyer with the big club when rosters expand. It's shoulder inflammation which means that his shoulder caught fire I believe. Experts have stated that the Twins have one of the top farm systems in all of baseball... 2014 couldn't have gone worse. Sano out for the entire year. Buxton basically out for the entire year. Rosario misses the first 50 games... Meyer shutting down early. I believe Stewart had some issues. I'll sit back and wait for the injury to Nick Gordon. We really had lost a year... A complete year of development on some real key farmers.
3. Berrios -- However there is this kid called Berrios. He was called up to Rochester to make a key start for the Red Wings as they try to grab a playoff spot. He seems to be flying up the ladder.
4. Wei-Yin Chen -- The last time the Twins faced a Chen... They knocked him right out of the Majors and straight into Designated for Assignment. That Chen was Bruce... This Chen.. Wei-Yin which in Taiwanese means... There is a Tuna in my Socks. As you may have guessed... Wei-Yin is from Taiwan... Taiwan is an island just west of Santa Catalina Island... It is also East of Jamaica. He was signed by the Orioles as an international free agent and has been pitching for them since 2012. He's been slightly above average every year. He's gonna keep mixing up his speeds and after he mixes them up... he's gonna mix them up some more. He basically pitches like he's using a blender. He's the Fruit Smoothie of Pitchers.
5. Joining a Gym -- I have a gym membership but with my work and baseball watching schedule. It has become a self imposed $75 dollar monthly tax.