Vikings Journal Forums
- Caplan: Vikings to sign Bethel-Thompson to practice squad
Today, 04:18 PM
- Matt Kalil Ranked as WORST Tackle in the League by PFF!
Today, 04:10 PM
- Breer: Kyle Rudolph Out For 6 Weeks
Today, 03:38 PM
- Article: Munnerlyn Comes To The Defense Of Peterson
Today, 02:56 PM
- Article: Vikings Hoping Injured Rudolph Won't Need Surgery
Today, 02:12 PM
- Article: Game Recap: Cassel Era Ends with a Whimper, But There Are Good Signs to Come
Today, 12:24 PM
- Vikings Hoping Injured Rudolph Won't Need Surgery
- The Teddy Bridgewater Era Begins
- The Teddy Bridgewater Era Begins In The Big Easy
- Game Recap: Cassel Era Ends with a Wimper, But There Are Good Signs to Come
- Game Recap: Cassel Era Ends with a Whimper, But There Are Good Signs to Come
- The No Podcast Podcast, Episode #22: Ready For Teddy
58 replies to this topic
Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:26 PM
Tonight's starting lineups 1. Ben Revere, CF 2. Jamey Carroll, 3B 3. Josh Willingham, LF 4. Justin Morneau, DH 5. Ryan Doumit, C 6. Trevor Plouffe, 1B 7. Brian Dozier, SS 8. Alexi Casilla, 2B 9. Darin Mastroianni, RF Starting pitcher: RH Nick Blackburn (1-4, 8.37 ERA) 1.Alex Gordon, LF 2. Johnny Giavotella, 2B 3. Billy Butler, DH 4. Mike Moustakas, 3B 5. Jeff Francoeur, RF 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 7. Bryan Pena, C 8. Jarrod Dyson, CF 9. Alcides Escobar, SS Starting pitcher: RH Felipe Paulino (3-1, 1.70 ERA)
Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:59 PM
After yesterday's shutout by that soft tossing Chen, they should be playing harder.
My god why can't they just get a look at what this guy is throwing, swing at so many pitches out of the zone. Just piss poor batting by Plouffe and Dozier.
It seems to me that our Twins are still a little confused as to whether they are playing slow pitch softball or fast pitch baseball. Their hitting rhythm is way off. It seems like Bruce Chen's performance and approach last night is continuing to linger and becoming a festering sore. On another note: Hooray Morneau!!!
Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:18 PM
We'll take 5.0 IP and 2 ER from Blackburn any day. Hope it sticks. I also want to underscore the point about Plouffe's hitting approach: ground into a double play on the first pitch of an AB, that was way insides -- well, that is just horrible. I like aggressive hitting when the pitcher is laying in the first pitch for a strike, but this approach has been fool hearty.
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.