Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature near 80.
Next up? Brian! Be prepared, be very prepared ...
Here's what you need for your Preparation:
A. Flashlight with Extra Batteries.
B. Cellphone fully charged.
C. Rotary Phone for when the Cellphone dies.
E. Tow Rope
F. Jar of Butterflies
G. Road Maps of Vermont
H. Preperation H
I. Change of Clothes
K. Money for Bribes
L. Weapons... Lot of them because the Zombies are coming.
Things to Think About:
1. Delmon Young -- I didn't have time to think about Ole' Delmon yesterday so today will have to suffice. I understand that this is my thing and it may not be other peoples thing... but... I've never liked Delmon as a ballplayer. I've never met him and he may be a fine human being... I just don't know... But... As a ballplayer... I didn't like him and I just didn't feel he deserved to have a major league job. He's a lolligagger and I don't lolligagger's. I truly believe that I am supportive of the players that play on my Twins team. Some players have frustrated me from time to time but I've pulled for them to pull it together. Delmon is the one guy that I can honestly say... that I gave up on him and I gave up on him very early and it got to the point where his presence on the Twins annoyed me. Even when he had that fantastic year in 2010... It wasn't working for me at all and I went to bed at night praying that Bill Smith would trade him since he just exhibited some value. It didn't happen and he continued to torture me with his presence until the Twins ended up trading him to the Tigers for basically nothing. He's playing with the Orioles now and he hit a home run last night... So Yeah... He's still bugging me.
2. Chris Tillman -- Chris Tillman is a 26 year old right-hander who grew up in Fountain Valley California. Fountain Valley is a valley in Orange County that is full statues of boys peeing. For this reason... Fountain Valley was chosen as the name because it sounds better then Pee Valley. Chris Tillman was a 2nd round selection of the Seattle Mariners in the 2006 draft. In February 2008... Baltimore Orioles officials broke into the Seattle Mariners locker rooms and stole Adam Jones and Chris Tillman and left Erik Bedard behind. For the Orioles... Chris Tillman was god awful for 3 years when all of sudden he became... not god awful in 2012. For all you Trevor May fans... don't despair... Take a look at Chris Tillman and feel better. Tillman was a highly thought of prospect who disappointed and then eventually stopped disappointing.
3. Trevor May -- I don't want to be down on Trevor May... Patience is needed and I don't want others to be down on Trevor May and perhaps more importantly... I don't want Trevor May to be down on Trevor May... But with all that said... Something is clearly wrong and I don't want him to make a start when his turn in the rotation comes around again. I don't have a suggestion for who should start in his place but I think Trevor should be skipped over until he figures out how to keep the wheels from coming off. He was sharp for awhile and it was a pleasure to witness but then the wheels came off and when it happens... there is simply no way to put a smiley face on it. When Trevor ain't got it... He isn't close to major league capable... Not close by a mile... Nishioka or Bartlett in CF like. I don't know what to do with Trevor for the rest of this year... The rosters will expand in September... I guess the bullpen for now in light pressure situations. We should have a lot of those light pressure situations.
4. Sam Deduno -- Goodbye to Sam... The Twins placed him on waivers and the Astro's claimed him. I've been a big supporter of Sam's and I make no apologies for that support. No... he hasn't been the Sam I think he could be in 2014 but he was the Sam I thought he could be in 2013 and that Sam is pretty good. As the year progressed it was clear that Sam was not going to make it in a Twins uniform and the news today is no surprise. In the end... his control issues did him in. I truly wish Sam well in Houston and I want to remind everybody... When Sam was pitching decently for us... We really needed him to pitch decently and he was about all we had pitching decently for us. For this reason... he deserves a pat on the back as he heads out the door.
5. 10,000 Home Runs -- Trevor Plouffe hit the 10,000th home run in the history of the Minnesota Twins last night. That's a lot of home runs and Chief has seen 9,764 of them. When this news broke... I realized that the Twins had more home runs then I have posts on Twins Daily. The odds are good that I will catch up before the year is out... However... not all of my posts will be home runs.