Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Jake Reed Heading to Arizona Fall League

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

The Twins haven't announced it yet, but Cedar Rapids Kernels reliever Jake Reed has. Via twitter, he just announced that he has been invited to participate in the Arizona Fall League.

Extremely blessed and excited to be invited to the Arizona fall league. Thanks to the Twins for this oppurtunity that I worked hard for.

You can follow Jake Reed on Twitter

Since being the Twins 5th round pick in June, Reed has thrown 30 innings (between Elizabethton and Cedar Rapids) and given up 1 ER on 11 hits, 3 walks and 39 strikeouts. 

Reed gave up one earned run in his Cedar Rapids debut. In his second outing, he gave up an unearned run. So, since July 1, he has thrown 22 innings over 14 games and not allowed an earned run. In that time, 7 hits, 2 walks, 30 strikeouts.

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,348 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

How many Twins prospects get an AFL invite the year they are drafted?

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

How many Twins prospects get an AFL invite the year they are drafted?

Not many... can't remember the last. I wonder if like David McCarty did maybe? 

#4 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 2,546 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Interesting they passed on Burdi for Reed.
Papers...business papers.

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,348 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Interesting they passed on Burdi for Reed.

2014 combined IP so far

Burdi 56.1 (37 college)

Reed 67.0 (37 college)

So apparently, it isn't necessarily excess innings.  Could it be, the Twins are fully satisfied with what they've seen in Burdi and have already slotted him on the 2015 fast-track?  And perhaps, Reed is now getting the chance to vault past the recovering Zach Jones, currently a step ahead of him, and joining Burdi on a similar fast track, just a few months in back of Burdi?

Has anyone gotten reliable velo reports for Reed?  It was reported on draft day that he was consistently in the mid-90s and touched 97.

Edited by jokin, 29 August 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#6 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

2014 combined IP so far

Burdi 56.1 (37 college)

Reed 67.0 (37 college)

So apparently, it isn't necessarily excess innings.  Could it be, the Twins are fully satisfied with what they've seen in Burdi and have already slotted him on the 2015 fast-track?  And perhaps, Reed is now getting the chance to vault past the recovering Zach Jones, currently a step ahead of him, and joining Burdi on a similar fast track, just a few months in back of Burdi?

Has anyone gotten reliable velo reports for Reed?  It was reported on draft day that he was consistently in the mid-90s and touched 97.

Not specifically asking you, jokin, but I was wondering why Zack Jones wasn't named to the AFL.

I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

Zack Jones is replacing Mason Melotakis in the Arizona Fall League.