Game-time forecast: Mostly clear. Winds blowing out to center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 85.
Roses are Red
Royals are Blue
The Twins use both colors
That's all I got... I'm through
Things to Think About:
1. Fate -- Is there any sense in watching this game. I can already tell you what is going to happen based on the last two games. The Twins held the Royals scoreless for 8 Innings and then gave up Two in the ninth... Yesterday the Twins held the Royals scoreless for 7 innings and then gave up 6 in the 8th... Anyone can recognize the pattern here. 8 - 7 - (6) and 2 - 6 - (10). Tommy Milone will shut down the Royals for (6) innings and the Royals will score 10 runs in the 7th. If you want to witness the carnage... tune in for the 7th. If you want to feel heartened by the improved Milone... Just watch the 1st 6 innings and walk away. The Twins pattern seems to be locked in at 1 run.
2. College Football -- My attention will be diverted tonight. I'll have my Watch ESPN open on my Ipad to watch my College Football team... The University of North Dakota as they kick off the season against San Jose State. It's going to make it hard to post after 9PM since I have to exit out of Watch ESPN to get to Twins Daily and back again. The IPad is awesome and everything but it could use an Alt-Tab feature. The Gophers will be taking on Eastern Illinois tonight as well and I'm still a Gopher fan so I'll be trying to watch that tonight as well. Looks my night is planned... Let's hope I can escape from work and execute those plans.
3. Chris Parmelee and Eduardo Nunez -- The Twins lineups are not posted yet so it's possible that Parmelee or Nunez are in the lineup but I think we have all noticed that the Twins lineup has stabalized quite a bit recently and Parmelee and Nunez have been on the bench frequently. I have read posts from posters who are happy with the stability and the future of Arcia and Vargas and Santana and even Escobar is something to build for but it does leave me concerned for the future of Parmelee and Nunez. I just care... that's all. I'd like to see... all my Twins succeed and have a bright future. I'll never forget that they are battling for their careers. It's heavy.
4. Slugging -- Regardless if you like the stat or not. The fact that Danny Santana is outslugging... Arcia, Plouffe, Dozier and Mauer is very interesting. Let's just say it... Danny Santana is the slugging leader on the team after 295 AB's. Vargas has higher Slugging after 103 AB's but I'm going to draw the line at 250 AB's and politely ask Vargas to keep it up a little while longer. Neither Vargas or Santana can touch Polonco's mark which stands at .833 in 6 AB's.
5. Soda Machines -- I just bought a Coke out of the machine at work. I had to wash the can because it was sticky. I bought one yesterday as well and I had to wash that one as well... Because it was sticky. I have a suspicion that a can must have gotten punctured inside and that means I am now involved in a much less violent version of Russian Roulette.