Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Game Thread: Twins @ Royals, 8/26 @ 7:10pm CT

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Win Twins!

• Twins Mods
  • 15,334 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 90.

TWINS:

SP, Nolasco

Santana CF

Dozier 2B

Mauer 1B

Vargas DH

Arcia RF

Plouffe 3B

Suzuki C

Escobar SS

Schafer LF

ROYALS:

SP, Duffy

Dyson CF

Escobar SS

Gordon LF

Butler 1B

Perez C

Willingham DH

Moustakas 3B

Cain RF

Colon 2B

--------------------------------------

And now that ModCon is over, and we are all on our way to recuperation, and Brian was possibly given too much to think about, he should have no problem finishing out the year here!  Let's play ball! :)

--------------------------------------

Yeah... I Suppose... But I can't remember how to do it. I think I used to start with... umm... Something? 

Thinks to Thing About: (You see what I'm saying... Even that part doesn't feel right)

A. ModCon14 -- The moderators had an awesome time at Modcon14. First off... The Mods all have awesome wives and they all need to be careful that they don't realize that they are more awesome then they are. We saw a lot of baseball and a lot of runs scored. We walked approximately 97 miles total the entire weekend. Mostly back and forth over the same ground. It would have been much more productive to keep moving in the same direction... Because we could have been in St. Cloud. It was fantastic to see everyone face to face. Snepp for example has a beard that has a part time job at a car wash. Diehard doesn't have any hair... I think it's possible that Snepp stole it for use in his beard. ChiTown walks real fast and is the only one who knows where to go... This caused problems because we got lost when she was 3 blocks ahead and around the corner and out of sight. That's how we ended up in Dinkytown by accident. North had real Canadian money in his wallet and it looked like he painted it himself. Chief did not bring any weapons of any sort to protect us... like he was supposed to and Ash while riding in my car... was screaming let me out... let me out... let me out... in his head... while I stopped at Green Lights and drove through Red Lights. I know he was screaming in his head... I could see it in his eyes and I could see it in his eyes because I wasn't looking forward through the windshield while driving. I also found out that Glunn is a big fan of chickens, ABBA, human generosity and kindness and he was surprised there wasn't any snow.  

2. Kansas City Again -- Kansas City is an alleged City on the Missouri/Kansas Border. The only way it qualifies as a city is because the name of the city has the word city in it. They felt it was necessary to add city to differentiate it from the state. Otherwise it would be Kansas Kansas and this would cause a stuttering epidemic. And... And... Of course... The song would be Dust Dust in the Wind Wind and nobody would have sang along to that.   

C. The Royals -- The Twins tried their best to help the Royals this weekend. We won the first two before dropping the last two. While the Twins Split with the Tigers... The Royals ended up splitting with the combination of Rangers and Yankees. So it's a Wash. We tried to help you Kansas City. Don't count on our help for this series.

47D. Offense -- The Twins offense is in real high gear right now... Either that... or the Tigers pitching staff is in low gear. The Twins scored 42 runs in 4 games. Just for comparison... 42 is the exact number of times that my wife has told me that the TV or Radio is too loud so far in August. So... if that doesn't give you an accurate impression of how many runs the Twins scored... I don't know what will. On the bad side of things... The Twins allowed 31 runs this weekend. Just for Comparison... 31 is the exact number of times that my wife has told me to not turn my socks inside out when I take them off since June. So... that will help you determine that 31 runs is way too many.  

Five. Stolen Pleasure -- As I was saying goodbye to Snepp... I told him "it was a pleasure to meet him" and it sincerely was... Snepp responded by saying "the pleasure was all his". To that I responded... "Well... you just took all the pleasure out of it".

Am I Right? ... If the pleasure is all his... That means he just took it all for himself and left me pleasure-less.   

• USAFChief, glunn, JB_Iowa and 7 others like this

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

I know there's a photo or two of him being lost in thought somewhere. 

• Riverbrian likes this

#3 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Win Twins!

• Twins Mods
  • 15,334 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

I know there's a photo or two of him being lost in thought somewhere. 

heh, indeed.  I'll leave that up to him, though, if he wants that to be his 'things to think about' trademark photo. :)

• Riverbrian likes this

#4 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Marching for... Science

• Members
  • 6,761 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

@MillerStrib: Elias has determined that Twins/Senators have 9,999 HRs all-time. Research involved news account of a 1908 game. Gardy: "Was it Sid's?"
  • USAFChief, Riverbrian, 70charger and 3 others like this

"Reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." -- R.P. Feynman

#5 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Win Twins!

• Twins Mods
  • 15,334 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

First off... The Mods all have awesome wives

Just one quick correction ... not ALL the mods have wives ... just sayin' ... and I'm sure the two mods who traveled without theirs, have awesome ones.  But one mod just simply does not have, nor ever will have, a wife.

• USAFChief, glunn, JB_Iowa and 4 others like this

#6 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 3,770 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

I'll try this one more time. Sadly, the Rally Rhino and Comeback Bunny Failed.

Enter: Rally Rob Reiner

[attachment=7634:Rally Rob Reiner.jpg]

• USAFChief, glunn, Riverbrian and 2 others like this

Major League Baseball is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

#7 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 3,770 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

My reputation is counting on you Meathead. Don't let me down.

• ChiTownTwinsFan, USAFChief, glunn and 3 others like this

Major League Baseball is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

#8 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

rhinophant

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Just for Comparison... 31 is the exact number of times that my wife has told me to not turn my socks inside out when I take them off since June. So... that will help you determine that 31 runs is way too many.

Last i checked, there have been more than 50 days since June.That could be more than 100 socks. 
Only 31 times is doing pretty good.

By the way, what's wrong with inside out socks?That way they air out.

Five. Stolen Pleasure -- As I was saying goodbye to Snepp... I told him "it was a pleasure to meet him" and it sincerely was... Snepp responded by saying "the pleasure was all his". To that I responded... "Well... you just took all the pleasure out of it".

Am I Right? ... If the pleasure is all his... That means he just took it all for himself and left me pleasure-less.

Woah, dude!It's like a magic trick.Perhaps check behind your ear?

Better yet, i think the game's about to start. Might be some pleasure he missed there...
  • Riverbrian likes this

#9 ScottyB

ScottyB

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Is the game not on TV tonight?

#10 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

Is the game not on TV tonight?

Fox Sports 1

You've Gotta Have Heart.  All You Really Need Is Heart.

When the Odds Are Saying "You'll Never Win", That's When The Grin Should Start!

#11 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Did Bert just call Ricky Nolasco a bust?

#12 Willihammer

Willihammer

Nostrombolimus

• Members
  • 6,378 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hammertime!

• Bark's Lounge likes this

Well, there's that.

-Dark Star, RIP

#13 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

"My wife's" fantasy football draft is tonight. Any hot tips from the TD crowd?

#14 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

rhinophant

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Does a hit batsman break up a no hitter?

#15 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'll try this one more time. Sadly, the Rally Rhino and Comeback Bunny Failed.

Enter: Rally Rob Reiner

attachicon.gifRally Rob Reiner.jpg

All in the Family is on Antenna TV at 8:00.  If necessary, I will turn it on and see if that helps.  They are on the older, in my opinion, funnier episodes, so I think I can handle the sacrifice of spending time with Meathead and the crew.

• Bark's Lounge and Riverbrian like this

#16 crapforks

crapforks

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm not quite sure why mlb.tv has only the KC feed, yet I still have to listen to Bert. Any quick and dumbed down explanation?

#17 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'm not quite sure why mlb.tv has only the KC feed, yet I still have to listen to Bert. Any quick and dumbed down explanation?

Because it is on fox sports 1 so it is a combined crew.

No Dick Bremer tonight ...  I'm celebrating.

You've Gotta Have Heart.  All You Really Need Is Heart.

When the Odds Are Saying "You'll Never Win", That's When The Grin Should Start!

#18 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

James Shields sounds like a modern-day Jeff Spicoli.

#19 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

Grain Belt: "The Friendly Beer"

• Members
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

James Shields sounds like a modern-day Jeff Spicoli.

Mr. Hand: Mr.Spicoli, You're on dangerous ground here. You're causing a major disturbance on my time.

Jeff Spicoli: I've been thinking about this, Mr. Hand. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our time?

• Riverbrian, 70charger and big dog like this

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish saying

#20 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

I can't seem to find the game, or FS1 on Dish. 

he gone!