Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Doogie appears to have best source for AFL info

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson1m  Told Max Kepler making a repeat trip to the AZ Fall League for the #MNTwins. On the 40-man roster.

Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson·9m
Buxton hasn't been cleared to do baseball activities. But should show up on the AZ Fall League roster w/ hope he'll be ok by then.

With a little over half an hour to go before it becomes official. Doogie is tweeting furiously.  Good news just ahead for the first two AFL spots?

Edited by jokin, 26 August 2014 - 01:24 PM.

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

Add Eddie Rosario to the list.

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#3 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

Dustin Morse @Twins_morsecode·34s
AFL Rosters announced: Buxton, Kepler, Rosario, Adam, Melotakis & Rogers to join Salt River Rafters. Additional player will be added later.

Edited by jokin, 26 August 2014 - 02:24 PM.

• glunn likes this

#4 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

Wow.  I said at the time of the trade that I liked Jason Adam a bit, but I didn't see this one coming.  It's fair to say that Rogers and Melotakis earned their spots among many others.

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

Add Eddie Rosario to the list.

Despite a pretty sketchy season, the Twins still appear to hold out hope that Rosario puts what went down this year entirely in the rear view mirror.  Now, what position will he play in the AFL?  Will he be in the mix for one of the open OF spots in 2015?

Edited by jokin, 26 August 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#6 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Wow.  I said at the time of the trade that I liked Jason Adam a bit, but I didn't see this one coming.  It's fair to say that Rogers and Melotakis earned their spots among many others.

Berardino reports that player #7, the PTBNL will also be a pitcher.

#7 sactfan

sactfan

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Nick Burdi is listed on the Salt River Rafters roster too.

#8 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Burdi? Fascinating. I'd think they'd want that golden arm to rest, then be ready to be in MN half way through next year when he tears through AA and AAA.......

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#9 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,292 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Burdi has a legitimate shot to make the team out of spring training, the only guarantees should be Perkins and Fien.

Of course it won't be handed to him.

• gunnarthor likes this
Papers...business papers.

#10 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Burdi? Fascinating. I'd think they'd want that golden arm to rest, then be ready to be in MN half way through next year when he tears through AA and AAA.......

I gotta trust that the Twins know what they're doing with Burdi, he's not like a typical overused college starter.  And his pitching motion isn't all that violent.  The prospect of pitching 5-10 innings or so and facing a bunch of Top 100 prospects is too much to pass up.  Assuming Burdi does well here, he's the one guy from this group that can have much chance for a first half of the season impact for the Twins in 2015.

I'm still scratching my head about Dustin Morse tweeting the official roster announcement and leaving Burdi's name off of his tweet.  It seems like one hand isn't aware of what the other hand was doing.

#11 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 18,116 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Continue Twins in the AFL discussion here.

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown