Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

MUST SEE: Old Friend Alexi Casilla Pitches In AAA

alexi casilla
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

• Administrators
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

This one slipped past me but it turns out that former Minnesota Twins second baseman Alexi Casilla, now playing in the Baltimore Orioles organization with the Triple-A Norfolk Tides, was asked to pitch in the eighth and ninth innings of Sunday's contest against the Charlotte Knights.

Casilla apparently pitched a clean frame in the eighth but was wild in his second inning of work and ultimately lost the game

The Tides ran out of available pitchers, so second baseman Alexi Casilla took the mound in the eighth inning. He threw a scoreless eighth, but wasn't as fortunate in the ninth. He allowed a single, threw two wild pitches and walked two batters - one intentional. That loaded the bases for Mitchell, who ended it with a single.

Here is a video clip of Casilla delivering the walk-off hit to Charlotte's Michael Taylor:

"You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." -- Jim Bouton, "Ball Four"

#2 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Drew Butera's Fastball

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

Sexi Lexi, we hardly miss you.

Always fun to see position players pitch. And although the Twins are my team, I enjoy watching pitchers batting too.

Follow me, @BaseballPirate, on Twitter, and check out the Talk to Contact Podcast (@TalkToContact).

Email the show: talktocontact@gmail.com

Mike Pelfrey is a Sasquatch