Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Things worse than the NBA

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Zachary

Zachary

Chief Jr.

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

If you happened to be an NBA fan and had some sliver of hope in the Wolves this season, it was all washed away as you saw Rubio laying on the court holding his ankle the other night. 

While the media may force you to believe NBA basketball is a one man show (i.e. Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose), anyone who knows enough about basketball can see that there still exists 5 man squads that are good because they play team basetkball (i.e. The Spurs, The Clippers, the Grizzlies). I do get frustrated though with both College and NBA basketball with the inconsistent and high number of fouls called.

If you watch Lebron James, he rarely gets fouls called on him and he can easily go to the free throw line 15 times a game. I am a University of Arizona fan and I watched precisely one Duke game last year: Arizona vs Duke. It was the same thing with Jabari Parker. The broadcasters were in love with him and so were the referees. He could do no wrong. That's my problem with basketball these days. 

#42 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

My hopes for the Wolves were neither increased nor decreased on Rubio's injury.  He's not an elite player that cannot be replaced to an adequate degree, especially by a more-than-capable backup like Williams.

Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#43 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

Rubio going down gives me reason to watch Levine play.  And I was impressed against Miami.

#44 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

Rubio going down gives me reason to watch Levine play.  And I was impressed against Miami.

There's not a single reason for the TWolves to be going 10+ deep all season to see how combinations work with Wiggins/Lavine/Bennett/etc. that will make up the future of the team.

Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!