Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Trade Dozier, Now!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

I think the trade route should be explored in the offseason.At the current rate Dozier is going to equal Brandon Phillips, a very good, but not great player.I think if you could bring back a decent starter or outfielder plus a prospect, you have to look at the deal. Clubs have holes and in the offseason you could find out what he is worth(that does not mean automatically trading him), but in the Twins current state you have to listen.Sano and Buxton will probably not be here until 2016 and Twins will probably not be competitive until 2017.By that time he will be getting expensive(check Brandon Phillips contract).Young cheap pieces should bring very decent returns.

#42 SgtSchmidt11

SgtSchmidt11

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

I think the trade route should be explored in the offseason.At the current rate Dozier is going to equal Brandon Phillips, a very good, but not great player.I think if you could bring back a decent starter or outfielder plus a prospect, you have to look at the deal. Clubs have holes and in the offseason you could find out what he is worth(that does not mean automatically trading him), but in the Twins current state you have to listen.Sano and Buxton will probably not be here until 2016 and Twins will probably not be competitive until 2017.By that time he will be getting expensive(check Brandon Phillips contract).Young cheap pieces should bring very decent returns.

Unproven Nick Franklin just headlined a deal for Price.A "decent" starter would never cut it for Dozier.I realize that there were other pieces involved but Dozier is more valuable than anybody that was involved in that deal.

In other words, unless the Cubs offer Russell & C.J. Edwards (or any team with a similar deal), I pass.

#43 SgtSchmidt11

SgtSchmidt11

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

I would think about trading Escobar before trading Dozier, because then at least it would bring Santana back to SS.I realize Escobar would not yield as much, but he would be a hell of a utility guy for a playoff team.

#44 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Trevor May's UCL

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

In the words of Jesus Quintana (Big Lebowski) "What's this bull****? I don't ****in' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the ****s in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This Bush-league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man – ha ha!"

Trading Dozier is impossibly silly.

#45 howeda7

howeda7

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

No. Just no. The most you would get is a couple prospects, one of whom might one day be as good as Brian Dozier.

• Paul Pleiss likes this

#46 Reider

Reider

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

I believe that the Twins should listen to all trade proposals, but I do not believe in trading Dozier right now for the sake of trading him away, just to get "something" in return. It makes zero sense. At some point, if the Twins want to win games, they need to keep good players around. Dozier is still fairly young and a good baseball player. He could be a key piece to a future winning baseball team.

I understand the Twins trading away a guy like Willingham or Correia, but Dozier? No. I really like the way Dozier plays the game and I'd rather just keep him on the team and see how the team comes together over the next few years.