It'll be a comfortable... Willard Scott approves Night at the ball park. Light Winds with the exception of that Hurricane Force wind tunnel that flys thru the open area in right field
Indians SP: Trevor Bauer
Twins SP: Kyle Gibson
Things to Think About:
1. Indians -- Louis CK has a great bit on Indians.
"And they weren’t even Indians... We called them that by accident and we still call them that. We knew in a month that it wasn’t Indians but we just don’t give a &*%$... We never correct it... We came here. They’re like... “Hi”... And we’re like... “Hey, you’re Indians, right?”... And they’re like, “No”... “No... this is India... right?”... “No it’s not... It’s a totally other place.” “You’re not Indians?”... “No”... “Ahh, you’re Indians”... “You’re Indians for hundreds of years after.”
2. Sellers? -- We can all understand the Twins being sellers but... The Indians? They were 5 games out of a wild card spot... One routine decent sized hot streak and they were in it. Yet... They became sellers at the trade deadline. Justin Masterson was really struggling but he was valuable if he ever stopped struggling and the Indians moved him for a prospect. They followed by moving Asdrubal Cabrera to the Nationals for Zach Walters who is the DH Tonight. The Indians were not going to extend this pair... I understand this... but... moving them with playoff baseball still a possibility kinda gives you the impression that the tail is wagging the dog. The return for this pair of players just wasn't that great and I would say that the Twins seemingly got as much... if not more for Willingham and Fuld.
3. Trevor Bauer -- I already did a thing on Trevor Bauer... He makes another start in Target Field tonight. The Twins were able to beat him at Target Field July 23rd. Trevor threw 6 innings and gave up 3 runs while striking out 7. Oswaldo Arcia hit a home run off Mr. Bauer and Danny Santana collected 3 hits. Hope that pair can do something similar again. I also want to say... Bauer vs. Mauer... Does Mauer have the power to make Bauer feel sour. Mauer has no need to cower he gets paid by the hour. That Poem took me 25 seconds to write.
4. Brian Dozier -- Over the past 30 games... Brian Dozier is hitting .208... 21 hits in 101 at-bats. 11 Extra Base Hits... 9 doubles and two home runs. That's more extra base hits then singles. This is normally a good thing unless you consider that his hit total is very low during this stretch and it suggests that he's loading up... maybe a little too much... I'm a Brian Dozier fan... I love his combo of Speed and Power and I really love his defense... However... This slump has been going on for too long... It's time that Brian broke out of it. Maybe mix in some singles from time to time. He is batting in the #2 Hole.
5. Minivans -- My wife and I know a couple who are about to have a baby... Probably before August is up... It's Baby #1 for them. They were talking about how excited they were and I was excited for them but I was laughing at them at the same time. They really have no idea how life is going to change and I told them that with a smile on my face. They told me that they are ready... They have made all the preparations... For Instance... They showed the Minivan that they just bought... I said... you bought a Minivan?... How Big... exactly... Is this Baby?