Game-time forecast: Cloudy with a 60-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 80.
Okay, Brian ... I know you are on vacation from work ... but this isn't work, right?
Not on Vacation Yet... But Soon... I'm heading to Minneapolis Thursday for a long weekend... rest and relaxation... having a good time... Doin The Pub Crawl and As much Twins Baseball as I can cram into a whatever you cram these things into.
Things to Think About:
1. Rainy Days and Monday -- They always get Karen Carpenter Down... At least that is what she sang. As for me... Meh... A Monday is just a Monday. I work 6 to 7 days a week... Monday simply isn't different enough to bother me. Rain on the other hand... Rain can bug me... Especially if I just washed my Car. This is today's first thought because Monday is normally a day off or the start of a new series. Not this Monday... Today... It's game 4 of this epic battle with the Royals. And... And... Rain is coming toward Target Field. Yesterday we had rain delays before getting the game in... So I went shopping and when I got back... The Twins were so far down that I didn't bother to watch the end. And I missed a Hammer and Vargas blast. I blame the rain.
2. The Royals -- After the Weekend... I'm tired of them... I want the Royals to win the AL Central... I don't want the Tigers to win it... I also want the Twins to win... So I'd like both teams to win and this makes me very conflicted. It's best if the Royals just leave town so I can clearly cheer for the Twins... This is not the only thing in life that makes me conflicted. The list of things that make me conflicted is posted at thingsthatmakeriverbrianconflicted.com.
3. Vargas vs Vargas -- I hope you bought your Tickets for Vargas vs Vargas. It should be much more entertaining than Kramer vs Kramer. Kansas City lefthander Jason Vargas takes the mound for Kansas CIty. He will have to square off against Kennys Vargas and how it turns out is anyone's guess... Tune in to find out. Just so you know... They are not related. Jason was born in California and Kenny plural was born in Puerto Rico. The Synergy between dueling Vargas's will be measured. Rumor has it that a ball hit by a Vargas off a Vargas will travel 23 percent further.
4. Danny Santana -- He's back in CF... Escobar is back at SS... That one day thing only lasted a day.
5. Careers -- My son told me last night that he was thinking about becoming a comedian and I laughed at him. Today... I wonder if my laughing was taken as encouragement.