Game-time forecast: Mostly cloudy with a 40-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 70.
I'm off to work ... last day before vacation ... ending with a 3 1/2 hour performance of 'Marriage of Figaro.' So, Brian ... top that?
Umm... After the game today... I'm going shopping for Kuerig K-Cups. I also want to personally thank you for putting Figaro Figaro Figaro squarely in my head.
Things to Think About:
1. Figaro Figaro Figaro -- I had something else for thought number one but ChiTown has Pavorotti singing Figaro Figaro Figaro in my head and overwhelming that thought. I also have Bugs Bunny conducting the Rabbit of Seville in my mind. I'm very impressed with the ability of Bugs Bunny to tie Elmer Fudd's gun into a bowtie. That takes Super Rabbit Strength.
2. Tommy Milone -- He was thought number one but he got bumped down by Bugs Bunny. His first start with the Twins was a busy one. He allowed base traffic but wiggled out of it only to be burned by the long ball. It was a little bit of everything for Mr. Milone in start #1... Let's see how start #2 goes. Now... With the last name Milone... You can't help but think of Sam Malone from Cheers. Sam's nickname was May Day Milone and that would be an obvious fit for Tommy Milone. And oddly enough... May Day Milone sounds better then May Day May. In the End... Trevor can't have the nickname.
3. Jeremy Guthrie -- Jeremy is a 35 year old journeyman pitcher from Ashland Oregon. Ashland is a town of 20,000 on the extreme southern end of Oregon. This makes it the 15th largest city in Northern California. Ann Curry is also from Ashland. She is 22 years older and has a better TV presence. Jeremy pitched for Stanford and was drafted in the 1st round of the 2002 draft by the Cleveland Indians. He was DFA'd in 2006 and picked up by the Orioles. Traded to the Rockies in 2012 and then traded to the Royals in 2012. Jeremy is a Mormon. Billy Barty is also a Morman. Jeremy is taller.
4. Home Stand -- The Twins are at home and at home and at home and at home. Royals... Indians and Tigers... Bring it on.
5. Failure -- I was playing Monopoly against a child and I was going to win so I decided to throw the game so the child could win. In the end... I succeeded at failing and now I'm not sure if I failed or succeeded.