Game-time forecast: Drizzle, maybe rain. 82 deg.
Brian? You there? You're on!
I'm Somewhere... Always am.
Things to Think About:
1. 1st Place -- That's what the Royals are thinking about right now. They are Currently 1.5 games up on the Tigers. 2 teams that are currently going in opposite directions. The Royals are 9-1 in their last 10 while the Kitty Kats from Detroit are 3-7. Lord Knows that I don't want the Tigers to succeed... I never do. So... I'm pulling for "Hammer and the Royals" (Which would make a great name for a rock band). If the season ended today...The Royals would be in the playoffs and they would draft 24th next year.
2. Vikings Football -- I'd have to imagine that the Vikings will draw some television audience away from the Twins tonight. The Vikings face the Cardinals for a quarter of football. In the pre-season... the other 3 quarters are played by people who won't be on the team when the season starts. I'm pretty sure that if people are switching over from the Twins to Vikings. They will be trying to time it for when Teddy Bridgewater is under center. They'll come back in time to see Jordan Schafer bat.
3. Santana at SS -- Yeah... It's a good question... What are the Twins going to do with Danny Santana and Eduardo Escobar at SS in 2015? And who is going to play CF in 2015? That's another good question. Danny Santana is our CF in 2014 because the Twins failed to staff the position. It worked out nicely for Santana because it gave him an everyday spot to earn and he has earned it. But what about SS... Escobar has also performed very well so where do you place Santana... In the future... Byron Buxton will roam in CF. Santana's days at SS are not over and the Twins are going to give him a little practice at the position tonight. SS could end up being a battle and the Twins hopefully will sign a CF who can play decently until Buxton arrives. For those of you wanting Hicks 3.0. Let him prove himself before he gets the job.
4. Yordano Ventura -- I already did a thing on Yordano... He has the ability to hit triple digits on the radar gun although I'm under the impression that he is trying to learn to pace himself as a starter. Getting outs and consuming innings is more important than a 100 MPH reading. So... He's merely upper 90's on his fastball offerings and when he mixes up some off speeds things he can make you look foolish. Teams have gotten a hold him on occasion because his location isn't where it should be yet. I think the Twins are just going to strap it on and get ready for the Ole #1.
5. My Wife -- I was thinking about my wife this morning... And I was wondering how I was able to convince her to marry me. Then I remember how I did it. I tricked her... I told her I was pregnant and we had to get married before I couldn't get into my Wedding Tux.