Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Twins Uniforms

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ScottyB

ScottyB

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

I've noticed that lately the blue alternate the Twins are using both on the road and at home is the one that says "Minnesota" on it.What happened to the blue home alternate that says "Twins" on it?It's still listed in the uniform database,Anyone know?

minnesota_twins_jersey-9497.jpg

Edited by ScottyB, 16 August 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#2 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Nick Punto's Ghost

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

I'm pretty sure it's still an option, but maybe I haven't seen that yet this year, I don't recall. I like the blue tops way better than the grey on grey away combo. Even the red is better than the grey. Not a fan.

nick%2Bpunto%2Bshirtless.jpg

#3 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 14,751 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

Bring back the Robins Egg Blue.
  • goulik likes this

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

President of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club 

Founded 4-23-16 

#4 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

I noticed that too Scotty - I thought home jerseys had team name, road had location. Weird. 

#5 SweetOne69

SweetOne69

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

This year, the only blue alternative jersey is the "Minnesota" Jersey. They dropped the "Twins" option.

#6 iTwins

iTwins

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • LocationNorth of Missouri, South of Minnesota
  • Twitter: Trimbletj

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

I recall reading something prior to the season (possibly from Dave St. Peter on Twitter) that the 'Twins' blue alternate was out of the rotation for this season at least.

I'm curious to know what others think of the blue tops? I really don't like them, but I don't really care for the road grays either (at a passing glance, the home grays look too much like the Braves' gray unis - yuck).

I love the home whites, and enjoy the occassional mix in of the cream throwbacks. But those blues...not a fan.

#7 LimestoneBaggy

LimestoneBaggy

Self-Appointed Chief Executive Twins Daily Lurker

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm pretty sure it's still an option, but maybe I haven't seen that yet this year, I don't recall. I like the blue tops way better than the grey on grey away combo. Even the red is better than the grey. Not a fan.

I actually love the Grey jerseys. My son and I have matching ones with our last name on them.

I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.