Game-time forecast: Mostly cloudy. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 75.
The Twins are back home and ChiTown isn't back home. Whose better off? She has lineups... Come here for them.
Things to Think About:
1. The Royals -- Divisional Foe aside... I can't help... I'm a closet Royals Fan. They have been hapless for so long that I can't help but hope for good things at some point in time. Is this the Year? Maybe. The Royals have a nice starting rotation and tremendous bullpen. They don't always show it but they have the potential to play amazing defense. Then there is the hitting to consider. They have bats who should get the job done on paper but they just get into these crazy slumps that they have to bust out of and when they bust out of them... The Royals become very dangerous. Butler... Gordon... Aoki and Cain are making solid contact right now and carrying the team along. With improved hitting... The Royals have won 9 out of 10 and have vaulted into 1st place.
2. Josh Willingham -- The Hammer is back at Target Field. I'll bet he goes deep at some point this weekend. The Hammer has been slightly frustrating the past two years for the Twins. He's knocked out a few because he has power but he hasn't done it enough for the Twins... Therefore... He's going to do it against the Twins... I can feel it. That aside...Welcome back Josh.
3. Ricky Nolasco -- Speaking of Welcome Back... Ricky Nolasco is back. He hasn't pitched in a major league game since July 6th when he was shut down with elbow soreness... an elbow strain... elbow macaroni. I take full responsibility for the signing of Ricky Nolasco... Because I was all for it. I still think that Ricky will be a productive pitcher for the Twins. He will have plenty of chances to become a productive pitcher for the Twins with his 4 year deal.
4. Danny Duffy -- I already did a thing on Danny Duffy. I'll just say... that I've seen him pitch and I think he's good. The Twins will have to get ready to put some good at bats together to produce something against him. Many teams have failed to produce something against him.
5. Mr. Right -- I was listening to a 20 year old girl talk to another 20 year old girl when they were walking in front of me. She was saying "I'm going to marry someone... good looking... sensitive and smart and the other 20 year old was agreeing with her... That's who she was going to marry as well. I was thinking to myself... Give it a couple of years... They will be hoping for anything breathing with a day job.