Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

TBD Starting Saturday

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Drew Butera's Fastball

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

Alex Meyer is scheduled to pitch for the Red Wings in Indy on Saturday. And with Trevor May having pitched this past Monday, either could pitch for the Twins on regular rest against the Oakland Athletics.

If the Twins don't call on Alex Meyer or Trevor May to make that start I may just stop watching Twins baseball this season.

Okay, I probably won't stop watching, but I might just stop caring about 2014 and I'll actively be rooting for the Twins to lose lose lose their way into the off-season hoping that a terrible end to this terrible season will bring about a new coaching staff and a good draft pick.

As noted American patriot Patrick Henry once said: "Give us Trevor May, give us Alex Meyer, or give us DEATH!"

• Kevin and Sconnie like this

Email the show: talktocontact@gmail.com

Mike Pelfrey is a Sasquatch

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Me thinks May gets the call.

#3 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

I'm guessing May also, but I'll take either

#4 USAFChief

USAFChief

ɹǝɯoפ

• Twins Mods
  • 10,876 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

"TBD"?

Hosken, is that your kid? Trevor Bombo Disco?
  • ashburyjohn, Paul Pleiss, Craig Arko and 1 other like this

Go Twins!

#5 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

I want Meyer to get the start, but I believe May will get the start which I am ok with.

#6 GCTF

GCTF

so very tired

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  • LocationCanada City

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

I'm guessing they'll sign a 32 year old independent league pitcher who tops out at 85 to make that start.

• Paul Pleiss likes this

#7 Oxtung

Oxtung

I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk.

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

I'm guessing they'll sign a 32 year old independent league pitcher who tops out at 85 to make that start.

Who started for the Saints on Monday?

#8 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

For what it's worth, milb.com has not starter listed for Rochester on Sunday (May's turn to start). 

#9 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

Diehard, please don't get our hopes up or you will be responsible for the fallout. :)

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 07 August 2014 - 09:15 AM.

• Sconnie likes this

Idiots will be idiots. Recognize it and don't be one yourself or engage in pointless dialog. Unless you are trying to entertain yourself.

#10 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Toledo Mud Hens

• Members
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Chief but I named my kid "Tommy" as in Tommy Milone -- he'll be sort of an adopted stepchild around these parts..
When I hear a pitcher is throwing a “simulated game” my first thought is that he repeated the opposing lineup 10,000 times. - Jonathan Judge

#11 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Toledo Mud Hens

• Members
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

I agree with Seth in the other thread - it will probably be Milone. We might see Meyer open the next homestand 8/15 vs KC I'm hoping..
When I hear a pitcher is throwing a “simulated game” my first thought is that he repeated the opposing lineup 10,000 times. - Jonathan Judge

#12 Mike Frasier Law

Mike Frasier Law

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

I really hope it's May. I think he's as good as he's going to get in AAA and needs to learn up here. He doesn't have Meyer's upside, which is why it makes some sort of sense to keep Meyer at AAA to get polished. I hope it's May and he never looks back.

#13 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Kepler 425b or bust

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

@MikeBerardino: #mntwins will announce Saturday starter after Friday's game. Told it will involve a roster move.

Those cagey guys.

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

#14 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

I agree with Seth in the other thread - it will probably be Milone. We might see Meyer open the next homestand 8/15 vs KC I'm hoping..

Short rest for Milone on Saturday... May fits better, but don't forget, the jury might still be out on Kris Johnson :cry: FWIW, Monday, August 18 against Cleveland would be Pino's start and this date fits pretty well with Meyer's current schedule.

#15 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Not sure if this thread belongs here or not, however here goes.

Has anyone heard anything about who Saturday's starter is going to be?ESPN still shows no starter name, info, etc.So hopefully that means that either Meyer or May is going to make their long awaited debut. 

#16 tobi0040

tobi0040

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

@MikeBerardino: #mntwins will announce Saturday starter after Friday's game. Told it will involve a roster move.

Those cagey guys.

I am guessing we are simply finalizing a trade for Liam Hendricks.

• mike wants wins and Craig Arko like this

#17 tobi0040

tobi0040

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Those cagey guys.

I guess it depends on what "roster move" means. If that means bringing up a guy from AAA, then it could be Meyer or May.If it means adding a player to the 40 man it could only be Meyer.

#18 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Twins Mods
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Those cagey guys.

That doesn't make it clear if it's a 25 or 40 man roster move.That would be more telling. 

Unless they haven't yet made up their mind, you'd think it wouldn't be May or Meyer.I'd assume they'd give us more than a one day notice about their promotion seeing as they would move the meter and finally give the Twins some good ink, which in turn brings fans to the park.

#19 tobi0040

tobi0040

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

That doesn't make it clear if it's a 25 or 40 man roster move.That would be more telling. 

Unless they haven't yet made up their mind, you'd think it wouldn't be May or Meyer.I'd assume they'd give us more than a one day notice about their promotion seeing as they would move the meter and finally give the Twins some good ink, which in turn brings fans to the park.

They seem to make these moves at the last minute. I am guessing because someone could get hurt in the meantime.Saturday they are in Oakland anyway

#20 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

usually they like to give a pitcher a day or two before the start to get acclimated. I'm hoping they are breaking from tradition on that b/c I want May up. There's still no Sunday starter listed for Rochester, so I have to think that it's him.