Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Milone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TwinsCD

TwinsCD

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

In Louisville on business so when I noticed the Wings were in town, I had to make a stop at the ballpark.  Caught Milone's first start for the Wings.  The nuts and bolts -- 7 innings of 6-hit ball, 1 run, 2 walks and 3 K's with 94 pitches (62 strikes).  Unfortunately, Dylan Axelrod threw a 2-hit shutout and made the Wings' bats look like those that we see out of the parent club.  As for Milone, he loaded the bases with nobody out in the 1st inning but then got a double play ball and then a groundout to get out of the jam allowing only one run.  At one point, his ball-strike number was 14-17.  But he settled down and pretty much shut down Louisville's attack the rest of the way, not allowing a runner past 2nd.  He was consistently clocked in the mid-80s, but we knew we were getting that kind of velocity out of him.  He certainly pitched well enough to get the W.  Axelrod just pitched a touch better.  Hopefully, he will be on his way to the big club soon.

#2 stringer bell

stringer bell

Front office apologist

• Twins News Team
  • 4,599 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

He should be in the rotation on the road trip. Darnell's spot is available, but they would have to send someone down. My guess is Colabello.