Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Vikings Journal Forums

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Next Commish

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

It's not hard to speed up the game. All the umpires have to do is enforce the bloody rule already on the books:

When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call Ball. The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball.
The intent of this rule is to avoid unnecessary delays. The umpire shall insist that the catcher return the ball promptly to the pitcher, and that the pitcher take his position on the rubber promptly. Obvious delay by the pitcher should instantly be penalized by the umpire.

And if the batter is delaying the game, change the rule to call a strike instead.
  • Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#32 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

But Brock, the batter needs to step out and check the signs from the 3B coach on a 1-1 count with no one on base........

Lighten up Francis....

#33 GCTF

GCTF

so very tired

• Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationCanada City

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

But Brock, the batter needs to step out and check the signs from the 3B coach on a 1-1 count with no one on base........

and adjust his helmet and fix his gloves and grab his crotch...

• Paul Pleiss and TheLeviathan like this

#34 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

refuses to surrender his World Series baseball

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

There's absolutely no reason why a guy needs to adjust his helmet and fix his gloves with a 1-1 count and no one on base. So... I'm gonna step off the mound, wipe my brow, and rub the baseball until this moron's back in the batter's box and actually ready to hit...
  • mike wants wins likes this

#35 USAFChief

USAFChief

Gomer

• Twins Mods
  • 7,485 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

It's not hard to speed up the game. All the umpires have to do is enforce the bloody rule already on the books:   And if the batter is delaying the game, change the rule to call a strike instead.

"With the bases unoccupied..."

I don't think pace of play is an issue with bases unoccupied.

Go Twins!

#36 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Y'arrrgh matey!

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:03 AM

So what does having a new commish mean for the league in general? anything?

Length of games aren't an issue to me. Baseball is great, and when it lasts longer I don't mind.

#37 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Manfred should mean continued labor peace, as he was a front man in that peace since the mid-90s.  The worry that many around the game have shared is that he has been known to be more hard-lined on player behavior, and we could see pressure to increase off-field punishments with Manfred in office.  Otherwise, I think you basically get a younger Bud from a lot of what I read about the man.

Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!