Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

For those of you who want Meyer in the big leagues

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

He's pitching Saturday in Indianapolis. I figure the best way to get him up is if we all go to see him.

Who's in?

(just a note, I'm not sure I can make it due to travel, but normally, I'd be game since I live in Indy)

Edited by diehardtwinsfan, 05 August 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#2 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

whoa. I am 50 minutes away . . .

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

yeah, everybody (else) go!!!

#4 maxisagod

maxisagod

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

Indy has a nice stadium. I once watched Perkins imploded there. I remember thinking at the time " he can't even get out of the 3rd inning in AAA, no way he's a starter much longer..." I guess I was right, just not in spirit. :)

#5 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

He's pitching Saturday in Indianapolis. I figure the best way to get him up is if we all go to see him.

The whole point of promoting Meyer to MLB is so we don't have to go to Indianapolis to see him pitch. :)

Unless you're suggesting we go to Indianapolis and bring him back with us.  Meyer might even be a willing abductee.  Although the proper National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation form would be to kidnap TR and bring him to Indianapolis so he can realize how poorly he has treated Meyer. :)

• kab21 likes this

#6 tobi0040

tobi0040

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

The whole point of promoting Meyer to MLB is so we don't have to go to Indianapolis to see him pitch. :)

Unless you're suggesting we go to Indianapolis and bring him back with us.  Meyer might even be a willing abductee.  Although the proper National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation form would be to kidnap TR and bring him to Indianapolis so he can realize how poorly he has treated Meyer. :)

If we are following a Vacation plot, we would all get down there and he would not be there.A promotion would not be Wally World-esque, so we would have to move him to New Britain to work on a new 4th pitch.He will really struggle without mastering a knuckle ball.

Edited by tobi0040, 06 August 2014 - 12:23 PM.

• diehardtwinsfan likes this

#7 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

More like Murphy's law.We go to see him, but he gets promoted. 

#8 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Indy has a nice stadium. I once watched Perkins imploded there. I remember thinking at the time " he can't even get out of the 3rd inning in AAA, no way he's a starter much longer..." I guess I was right, just not in spirit. :)

I live in the Indy suburbs and can usually make one or two games a year.It's a very nice stadium.You are right on top of the field too, so if you get there early, you have no problems chatting with players. 

#9 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Okay ... I'm in ... guess I can make the round-trip from Chicago.  Any other takers from Chicago want a ride?  Big Dog?  Levi?

HAWKS!!! Kissin' the Stanley Cup in 2015! :)

#10 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Sorry Chi...I'm not longer a Chicagoan.  Took my lovely wife and moved back to southern MN.  I get down there a lot so I don't have food withdrawal too badly.  :)

#11 Thegrin

Thegrin

• Members
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Saturday ?Isn't that the day TBD is pitching for the Twins ? :)

#12 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Sorry Chi...I'm not longer a Chicagoan.  Took my lovely wife and moved back to southern MN.  I get down there a lot so I don't have food withdrawal too badly.  :)

Well, yeah, good food everywhere here ... but personally I'd rather be back in Mpls.  I grew up in Southern MN ... well, Southeastern MN actually ... good place that. :)

HAWKS!!! Kissin' the Stanley Cup in 2015! :)

#13 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 7,979 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Took my lovely wife and moved back to southern MN.

Hope the ugly one doesn't read TD and come look you up. :)

• Riverbrian likes this

When I said I meant that literally and not as just a figure of speech, that was just a figure of speech. I didn't mean it literally.

#14 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Drew Butera's Fastball

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

TBD is pitching for the Twins on Saturday. Sure would be fun to see Alex Meyer be that guy for Minnesota and not be pitching in Indy.

Email the show: talktocontact@gmail.com

Mike Pelfrey is a Sasquatch

#15 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

well that ship has sailed. I'm unfortunately in Fort Wayne today, but if I was in town, I'd be there.