Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Vikings Journal Forums

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Kernels and Twins near extension of PDA

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Jim Ecker of MetroSportsReport.com is reporting that the Kernels and Twins met today in Cedar Rapids and that an announcement concerning a 4 year extension of their affiliation agreement could come Wednesday. The agreement would extend the PDA through the 2020 season.

(I don't know if it's the new TD format or me just not being able to figure out my new laptop, but I can't get anything to "paste" here, nor can I get any links to imbed in this, so to read the story, just go to MetroSportsReport.com and click on the Kernels tab to find the story.)

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#2 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Here's the link to the story, JC:

http://metrosportsre...home&Itemid=429

• SD Buhr likes this

#3 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,690 posts
  • LocationThe Playground
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Public display of affection?

I suppose it rather is.
Go dark.

#4 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Exciting news, JC!

Looks like you're going to be able to provide great "future Twins" coverage into your retirement (or almost).

#5 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the assist, JB. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but figuring it out will have to wait until I get home from this business trip.

And, yes, chances are I'll be in CR through 2020 anyway. And on the off chance I do retire before that AND I move away from CR, there's a good chance I would move TO Fort Myers, so I could just flip to reporting on the Miracle, I guess.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

#6 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the assist, JB. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but figuring it out will have to wait until I get home from this business trip.

And, yes, chances are I'll be in CR through 2020 anyway. And on the off chance I do retire before that AND I move away from CR, there's a good chance I would move TO Fort Myers, so I could just flip to reporting on the Miracle, I guess.

SD, as a short term fix, turn off the editor (button in upper left corner). You can quote, copy, and paste. Question for you, are you using IE 11? I have the same issue with 11.

#7 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Thanks. I'll try that next time. It's a brand new laptop so yeah probably IE 11. Haven't gotten around to figuring out how to make Firefox my default browser in Win 8.1 yet.

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

PDA = Player Development Agreement, I believe.

#9 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

Cedar Rapids wasn't much of a town but the park is awesome and the games are a good time.  This is very good news to be locking down a longer term agreement with such a great affiliate.  Especially when it seems like there is some uncertainty as to just how long the NB/ROC pairings will last.

#10 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

Yeah. I could go with PDC, Player Development Contract, if you prefer.

#11 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Well, Cedar Rapids is rated the #30 most liveable city for 2014

http://livability.co...s-to-live/21-40

St. Paul is #67

http://livability.co...s-to-live/61-80

and Minneapolis doesn't come into the Top 100.

It all depends on your age and what you're looking for.  :)

#12 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Y'arrrgh matey!

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

I'm really glad the Twins are locked up with Cedar Rapids for the forseeable future. Good place to have the Twins affiliate. Maybe tough on the kids with long bus rides, but a solid facility and a class act down in CR. Iowans don't have much going for them, might as well give them a reason to wake up and get out of bed each summer.

#13 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

I'm really glad the Twins are locked up with Cedar Rapids for the forseeable future. Good place to have the Twins affiliate. Maybe tough on the kids with long bus rides, but a solid facility and a class act down in CR. Iowans don't have much going for them, might as well give them a reason to wake up and get out of bed each summer.

Hey now!

I suppose you're right, to a degree. It helps to have baseball get us through to the fall when we all get to spend our idle time making fun of Gopher football.
  • JB_Iowa and snepp like this