Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

When will we finally hear about Willingham, Correia, Nolasco, Mauer et al clearing trade waivers

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Kwak

• Members
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

I disagree 100%. Both Willingham and Correia are in the final year of free-agent contracts. Almost certainly,they won't be part of the 2015 Twins. Saving 15 to 25% of their respective salaries is real money, but more to the point, 2015 alternatives can be auditioned for 30 to 50 games.

Correia is 99.99 gone for 2015, but Willingham, not nearly as much.I believe that Willingham will be offered a "team-friendly", one year contract.I estimate a cut of at least 50%.

#22 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Wed Aug 6. Joe Mauer in Cedar Rapids No hits with one strikeout in 3 at bats.

I guarantee you Mauer will hit. Mark my words - by the end of the week he will be promoted to New Britain.
  • USAFChief likes this
When I hear a pitcher is throwing a “simulated game” my first thought is that he repeated the opposing lineup 10,000 times. - Jonathan Judge

#23 USAFChief

• Twins Mods
  • 15,013 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

I guarantee you Mauer will hit. Mark my words - by the end of the week he will be promoted to New Britain.

And skip high A? Not a chance.
  • Mike Sixel and Hosken Bombo Disco like this

I am not the paranoid you're looking for.

#24 Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Has this turned into a trade Joe Mauer thread? Ugh.

MLB Trade Rumors has reported some players clearing waivers, but no Twins yet. I'm sure Correia will and possibly Willingham. And if someone claims them, we should work out a trade with that team anywaysgive them away and run in the opposite direction.

I see what you did there.

#25 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

• Administrators
  • 15,600 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Have you been waiting for the right moment for your first StrikeThrough? Well-played sir.

Indeed I have.