Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Aaron Hicks Promoted to AAA

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

I first saw it this morning when Cory Provus tweeted it, but the New Britain Rock Cats pregame notes also verifies that Aaron Hicks has been promoted from AA to AAA. 

I like this move. They say he'll continue to play all three outfield positions.

#2 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,431 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Good move. Both promoting him, and getting him time all over the OF. Santana has CF until he doesn't or until Buxton is up, and they have no LF after this year.

This is a Twins' move I can endorse.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#3 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

I think this is great, and I don't particularly care where in the outfield he plays. I just want him to see some "crafty veteran" type pitchers. Some guys who rely on the type of breaking stuff that seemed to me to make Hicks look like a statute at the plate in the majors.

I think Hicks actually does have something to learn in AAA, and if he can continue to show good plate discipline while putting solid contact on pitchers with good arsenals, he could finally be a viable option for 2015. Two years later than we initially thought would be better than never.

Good move.

#4 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

I think this is great, and I don't particularly care where in the outfield he plays.

I just want him to see some "crafty veteran" type pitchers. Some guys who rely on the type of breaking stuff that seemed to me to make Hicks look like a statute at the plate in the majors.

I think Hicks actually does have something to learn in AAA, and if he can continue to show good plate discipline while putting solid contact on pitchers with good arsenals, he could finally be a viable option for 2015. Two years later than we initially thought would be better than never.

Good move.

If he's in the lineup tonight, he'll get all he can handle in "crafty veteraniness", with former White Sox pitcher, Dylan Axelrod, going for Louisville.

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

I first saw it this morning when Cory Provus tweeted it, but the New Britain Rock Cats pregame notes also verifies that Aaron Hicks has been promoted from AA to AAA. 

I like this move. They say he'll continue to play all three outfield positions.

Seth, is it at all curious to you how downplayed this move is playing out?  As we've discussed elsewhere, Antony first brought this up on Sunday, but no one on the Twins beat was aware of it until this afternoon.

Also, are Ibarra's days now numbered as better arms are moving to the front of the line?

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#6 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

Glad to hear it.

#7 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,910 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

who takes his place in NB?Is Buxton moving up?

#8 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

who takes his place in NB?Is Buxton moving up?

Ibarra swapped spots with Hicks.But Buxton did take the day off yesterday....so maybe something else is up.....still only 24 on the Rock Cats roster.

#9 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

Confirmed. Hicks in the Wings lineup tonight for Milone's debut, and batting 6th and in LF, not CF.

Wings lineup in LOU:

Bernier 3B
Beresford 2B
Pinto DH
Herrmann C
Romero 1B
Hicks LF
Farris CF
Rahl RF
Florimon SS
Milone LHP

#10 DuluthFan

DuluthFan

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

By playing Hicks at all the outfield positions, they are preparing him for 4th outfielder status. If he is not able to retake center field, he will be able to fill the role that Mastroiani and Fuld have done for the past couple seasons.