Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy with a 50-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 70.
De Aza LF
And here we go ... it's Brian time!
OH GOD... HELP ME... The White Sox Again.
Things to Think About:
1. The White Sox again... I don't like the White Sox... So much so... that I can only take them for 3 or 4 days at a time and then I need awhile to recover. We just got done playing them and here they are again... Way too soon... I need some Mariners... Some Orioles... Some University of Minnesota Duluth in between. A little session against the Royals is not going to clear the palate.
2. Kennys Vargas -- Hey Look... A new toy... A new star to wish upon tonight. Everybody always get excited about the kids when they arrive and I admit that I do to. The reality is... they usually struggle because I think they try to prove too much too quickly and end up swinging at crap. I think it's also possible that they haven't seen this kind of crap so they swing at it... for that reason. But Hey Look... A new Toy and I am firmly behind Mr. Vargas and I hope he changes the reality and starts getting it done right out of the gate. It's important to point out that Kennys is just one Kenny... He's not two guys named Kenny and called Kennys. His family named him Kenny and an S came out of nowhere and attached itself to his name. You may be thinking he's plural but he is not. He's from Puerto Rico and those that have seen him... say he looks like David Ortiz in stature. He's a long baller hitter by all reports and I hope he cranks it out tonight.
3. Chris Sale -- HIs ERA is 1.88... If it's August and it is... and your ERA is 1.88... You are a ridiculous talent on the mound. Kershaw and Sale are about has dominating a left handing duo as the majors has seen in quite some time... I absolutely hate that Sale is pitching for the White Sox and while we are at it... Good Luck to Kennys Vargas... You are making your major league debut against Chris Sale. Sometimes life isn't fair.
4. Kurt Suzuki -- Let's wait for Milone to get here to talk about Milone... Today... Suzuki is a worth thought. The Twins have extended him for two years... They didn't trade him in sellers mode... They extended him and this will keep Suzuki behind the plate in Minnesota for a couple more years. How do I feel about that... I'm ok with it and here's why. It's how much he cost to retain. It's that simple to me. Is Pinto ready? I don't know... The Twins obviously don't think so... and if or when Pinto is ready... He will play. Suzuki won't block him. The Twins will be looking at Meyer and May coming up soon. A veteran catcher to work with them will be a plus. Working with Pinto would be like the blind leading the blind. It's the catcher position and Suzuki may never hit .300 again but he will get his hits and he will lead our pitching staff forward. So... the extension??? I'm for it. He earned it and that's how much he costs.
5. There ain't no cure for the Summertime Cold -- I woke up this morning with a chest cold. My wife had one last week. I was fine... She's fine now and now I got one. I could feel like something wasn't totally right yesterday but I was in good shape. But this morning... I woke up and there it was. A Chest Cold in the Summertime!!! I'm not going to the doctor... I'm going to ride it out. Last time I went to the Doctor for an illness... She asked me if "I had been to another doctor before her". I told her "No... I just went to the Pharmacist". She replied "I wouldn't have done that... What kind of stupid advice did he give"? To which I replied "He told me to see my Doctor".
Edited by Riverbrian, 01 August 2014 - 04:16 PM.