Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Gleeman & the Geek Ep 44: Draft Talk and Scouting Sano

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...d-Scouting-Sano

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

On the show yesterday, Aaron and John asked me rank the available players 1-2-3. I said "Kevin Gausman, Mark Appel, Carlos Correa." If we assume that Appel is going to the Astros with the top pick, then my ranking would likely be "Kevin Gausman, Carlos Correa, and then Kyle Zimmer." What would your ranking be (with or without Appel included).

#3 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,659 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

On the show yesterday, Aaron and John asked me rank the available players 1-2-3. I said "Kevin Gausman, Mark Appel, Carlos Correa." If we assume that Appel is going to the Astros with the top pick, then my ranking would likely be "Kevin Gausman, Carlos Correa, and then Kyle Zimmer." What would your ranking be (with or without Appel included).

Here is mine:

Giolito, Correa, Zimmer
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#4 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Who I'd take, or who the top players will likely be? Because I'm not willing to roll the dice on Giolito's arm with the limited knowledge we have right now.... Gausman, Correa, Zimmer are who I would take assuming Appel is gone. And for me, it's all about pitching scarcity. You can find outfielders easier than SS or 3B or 2B or starting pitchers. And, I'd put them and Buxton in the same tier, therefore, I go with the supply/demand equation....

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#5 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

1. Byron Buxton 2. Carlos Correa 3. Mark Appel (included)/Kyle Zimmer (not included)