Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Acquire Tommy Milone

tommy milone kennys vargas sam fuld
  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 9,114 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Seems to me that regardless of when he's called up, Millone would be a super 2 guy, would he not?2.168 or whatever it is would definitely be in the top 22% of guys with under 3 years. 

Well, he's only at 2.110 right now, so in theory if they left him in AAA the rest of this season, he could miss super-2 status.  But I doubt they would do that, the savings would be minimal anyway.  The extra year of team control is what is important, and that deadline has already passed if my calculations are correct.

EDIT: I was slightly wrong, he's more like 2.115 for service time right now (I left out the 5 days he was in MLB at the beginning of July).  Which means we still have to wait a few days before promoting him if we want the extra year of control.  Monday, we should be safe to do so.

Might still miss Super-2 if he stayed at 2.115 for some reason (i.e. injured before his call-up), not sure what the cut-off will be.

Edited by spycake, 01 August 2014 - 10:15 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tommy milone, kennys vargas, sam fuld