And now .... Brian! Please join us!
I'm Joined and it feels wonderful!!!
Things to Think About:
1. Kansas City -- While it is unknown and undocumented how the City of Kansas City got started. It is widely believed that people just started to move in that direction and got exhausted and just stopped exactly in that spot. There is a Kansas City Kansas and a Kansas City Missouri. This means that Kansas City is actually East of Kansas City and also West of Kansas City. When people try to explain this... people just say... screw this. Kansas City Missouri is much different than Missouri City Kansas and the Missouri side is actually where all the big buildings were built. The Kansas City skyline is quite beautiful and the many floors of space in these high risers are used to store cattle and it's quite the scene when cows accidentally crash out of the windows and fall to the pavement below from the 40th floor. The IRS employs many people who work out of Kansas City because when people get pissed off... no one wants to go to Kansas City to find them.
2. The Royals -- The Royals are hot and then they are cold and they seem to do this at an even pace and that keeps them hovering around .500. They are currently 5 games back of the AL Central leading Tigers and 2.5 games behind the final wild card spot... which currently belongs to the Toronto Blue Jays. Oh Yes... Don't doubt it... The Royals are in it and within reach. They just got to put it all together. They have players who can hit... They have players who can run... They have players who can field and they have players who can pitch. What they don't have are players who have been there before. They seem to lack leadership and will rely upon a dose of momentum and until that momentum comes. They will appear to be a .500 team.
3. James Shields -- I've already done a thing on James Shields... He's 9-5 with a 3.58 ERA. June wasn't the best month for him but he has been climbing back to James Shields like so far in July. The last time the Twins faced him was July 1st and the Twins torched him for 9 hits and 5 runs over 5 innings of work. Of Course that Twins team was much different in comparison to this Twins Team. That Twins team had... Nunez... Parmelee... Plouffe... Suzuki... Escobar... Fuld... Arcia...Morales and Mauer in the lineup. The current lineup doesn't have Arcia in it... Nor... Morales and Mauer as the Twins are purging themselves of players whose last name starts with M.
4. Hot Hitters -- The hottest hitters in the Twins lineup over the past 7 days are Danny Santana and Oswaldo Arcia. Nobody else even comes close to qualifying for the award. WIth Oswaldo not in the lineup i'm hoping that Santana can carry the team.
5. Marriage -- I was looking at my wife last night and thinking that Marriage is really a wonderful invention. Another wonderful invention is the fire extinguisher and the flower pot is a nice invention for those looking for a place to put a flower somewhere. I'd really hate to rank them.
Edited by Riverbrian, 29 July 2014 - 06:13 PM.