Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Liam Hendriks Traded

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

I admit I was always a bit too high on Hendriks but I really wanted him to succeed.  Anyhow, he's still only 25 and the Royals traded for him today.  He's been pretty solid in AAA - 8-1, 2.33 era, 108ip and only 7(!) walks.  IIRC, he was out of options and the Cubs grabbed him, optioned him, Blue Jays nabbed him and now they are trading him to KC.  Good luck to him.

#2 CRArko

CRArko

Master of all I survey.

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationThe Pandorica.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Apparently for Danny Valencia.
  • gunnarthor and Danchat like this
Stonehenge. It's not just for breakfast any more.
http://io9.com/archa...-sto-1632927903

#3 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

Apparently for Danny Valencia.

I was going to say what are the odds, but we have had a lot of AAAA/borderline MLB players drift on and off the team the last 3.5 years, so a recent ex-Twin traded for another ex-Twin is not really that not that surprising.

#4 iTwins

iTwins

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNorth of Missouri, South of Minnesota
  • Twitter: Trimbletj

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

I admit I was always a bit too high on Hendriks but I really wanted him to succeed.  Anyhow, he's still only 25 and the Royals traded for him today.  He's been pretty solid in AAA - 8-1, 2.33 era, 108ip and only 7(!) walks.  IIRC, he was out of options and the Cubs grabbed him, optioned him, Blue Jays nabbed him and now they are trading him to KC.  Good luck to him.

We may have been the only members of the Liam Hendriks fan club. I was high on him too, and I still think he can be a reliable starter. (Delusional? Maybe...) It's all but certain that Liam will face the Twins sometime this season and completely shut them down, because that's how things seem to be going for them these days... Best of luck to Liam in KC!