Here are some quick injury updates on players through the Twins minor leagues:
- Fernando Romero and Tyler Stirewalt have had Tommy John surgeries this year. (Randy Rosario had the surgery in April)
- JT Chargois, who had TJ surgery last August, is throwing bullpens and likely will not pitch until Instructional League.
- Zack Jones is throwing bullpens and there is a chance he will get into games before the season's end.
- Taylor Rogers was placed on the DL with some biceps tendinitis.
- DJ Baxendale was placed on the DL with a biceps strain.
- The sense is that Max Kepler won't be out too long with his thumb injury. (could it be tied to Buxton moving up to AA soon?)
- Josh Burris has missed so much time this year because of an oblique injury.
- 2014 draft pick Andro Cutaro has been out with a back injury.
- Based on things I've heard, I don't think that Kohl Stewart's shoulder is anything concerning. Might just be skipping a couple of starts. There is just some soreness.