Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Game Thread: Twins v Pale Hose, 7/27 @ 1:10pm CT

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Game-time forecast: Cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 15-20 m.p.h. Temperature around 70.

PALE HOSE:
SP, Carroll

Eaton CF
Ramirez SS
Abreu 1B
Dunn DH
Viciedo RF
Gillaspie 3Bi
De Aza LF
Beckham 2B
Nieto C

TWINS:
SP, Pino

Santana CF
Fuld LF
Dozier 2B
Plouffe 3B
Arcia RF
Willingham DH
Parmelee 1B
Fryer C
Escobar SS

-----------------------------------------

​Brian will be up soon … I hope … as we all need a little Brian after the last 3 games. Sigh. Keep on swimming, keep on swimming, keep on swimming ….
---------------------------------------------------------
We need a little something... That is for sure

Things to Think About:

1. The White Sox -- I may have mentioned that I have a distaste for the White Sox. It's bad enough when the Twins are not playing well but it's extra bad when they are struggling against the White Sox. I like the idea of drafting before them but enough is enough. A sweep is simply not tolerable. Get swept by the White Sox in 4 games and you can spend your off day and flight to Kansas City thinking about it. At least you better be thinking about it. I wouldn't want them thinking about a new app on their IPhones.

2. Joe Mauer -- It's starting to get rediculious... I'm not a doctor... I understand that obliques are tricky but I'm gonna start adding up all the time Joe has spent on the shelf... Nursing... whatever it is this time and declare...That we have a 23 Million dollar plastic China Doll. Injuries happen in this game but Joe has gonna over his quota. Moving in from Catcher to 1B hasn't kept him healthy.... I guess.

3. Scott Carroll -- Which Carroll is going to show up... 4 starts ago he gave up 7 earned in 6 innings against the Angels... 3 starts ago... He shut out the Red Sox for 6.2 innings. 2 starts ago... He shut out the Indians over 5 innings of work and in his last start... The Royals put 5 on him over 5. 4.53 ERA and a WHIP over 1.50 on the year. He let's traffic get on the base paths. The Twins may want to collect a few Ribbies when he does.

4. Jose Abreu -- I'm starting to get the impression that this guy is legit. That impression may come from his 30 dingers in his first year of MLB baseball. When you consider the unique talents of Abreu... Puig... Cespedes... Chapman... Even Iglasias... I hope the Island of Cuba hasn't been drained because I think the Twins should head over to Dick Sporting goods and buy a few rafts.

5. Pencils -- I was working a semi-pro football game yesterday. On the back wall of the production booth... There were 4 pencil sharpeners bolted to the wall. I got to thinking... I haven't used a pencil in probably a decade. Maybe longer... Because I can't remember the last time I used an ole #2 pencil. And why is it called a #2 when it is clearly more popular than a #1 pencil.

Edited by Riverbrian, 27 July 2014 - 11:21 AM.

• glunn likes this

'The biggest communication problem is that we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.' Sometimes on here I think this could be stated as 'The biggest communication problem is that we do not read to understand. We read to reply.'

#2 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

Keep on swimming, keep on swimming, keep on swimming ….

Yes, it's very likely I may drown one day with that mantra.  But that day isn't today.  And it's not likely going to be tomorrow, either.  

• Riverbrian likes this

'The biggest communication problem is that we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.' Sometimes on here I think this could be stated as 'The biggest communication problem is that we do not read to understand. We read to reply.'

#3 drock2190

drock2190

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I hope that the Twins pull Willingham during the game and later reveal hes been traded.

That would be more exciting then a Twins victory.

#4 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

If that's Jamey Carroll pitching for the hose, we may have a chance.One game out of 4 is better than zip.Can't help but wonder how long fans will enter the turnstiles. TR is worried about that too.

he's gotta go

#5 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

Grain Belt: "The Friendly Beer"

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Wow, learning how to navigate the new and improved TD site reminds me of when I had to memorize all the verses to the "Batman" TV show intro. Took me a week.

• Riverbrian likes this

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish saying

#6 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let The Winning Continue!

• Members
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

5. Pencils -- I was working a semi-pro football game yesterday. On the back wall of the production booth... There were 4 pencil sharpeners bolted to the wall. I got to thinking... I haven't used a pencil in probably a decade. Maybe longer... Because I can't remember the last time I used an ole #2 pencil. And why is it called a #2 when it is clearly more popular than a #1 pencil.

I LOVE pencils.  Nothing like a freshly sharpened pencil and a clean crossword puzzle or a clean Sudoku.

• Circus Boy likes this

You've Gotta Have Heart.  All You Really Need Is Heart.

When the Odds Are Saying "You'll Never Win", That's When The Grin Should Start!

#7 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Locationlittle sioux river

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

it's called a number 2 pencil because that's what the constipated mathmetician worked it out with...

• Riverbrian likes this

god bless the good ol' grateful dead

#8 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

Real pros do their puzzles in pen. ;)
  • Riverbrian and Gibby like this

#9 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

• Members
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

Real pros do their puzzles in pen. ;)

And throw them away 1/2 way through when they have a mess.  ;)

• Riverbrian likes this

#10 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

And throw them away 1/2 way through when they have a mess. ;)

Who makes a mess?  ;)

• Gibby likes this

#11 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Who makes a mess? ;)

that constipated mathmetician sure did!! :ph34r:

• JB_Iowa, Riverbrian and Gibby like this

#12 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

• Members
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Who makes a mess? ;)

LOL.  Depends on the version.  

I've done NY Times Daily crosswords in ink but I always use a pencil for the Sunday ones and once I get to the hard or diabolical levels of Sudoku, pencils are my friend!

#13 Gibby

Gibby

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Wow! You guys are hitting right out of the gate. The Twins might want to try that.

• Riverbrian and Circus Boy like this

#14 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

• Members
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

ChiTown,

Do you really have a delete button on your posts?  Because all I have are edit and report -- and report is totally wasted on me because I never report anybody.

#15 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

that constipated mathmetician sure did!! :ph34r:

Thank God I'm a musician!

And btw, I use 2B .9mm led in my mechanical pencil. :)

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 27 July 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#16 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

• Members
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Thank God I'm a musician!

And btw, I use 2B .9mm led in my mechanical pencil. :)

Can't use those either cuz I always break the lead.  I don't know the meaning of writing lightly.

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 27 July 2014 - 12:11 PM.

• Riverbrian likes this

#17 Gibby

Gibby

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Does the fact that I have a warning point make me a bad boy?

#18 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

No ... it means that the point I gave you from before, that I removed, migrated with you to the new site.  It will eventually be removed.  If not by tomorrow, PM Brock, but he has a few other things that need his attention.

#19 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

gonna wear out the remote going from the game to hof inductions and back

#20 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

2. Joe Mauer -- It's starting to get rediculious... I'm not a doctor... I understand that obliques are tricky but I'm gonna start adding up all the time Joe has spent on the shelf... Nursing... whatever it is this time and declare...That we have a 23 Million dollar plastic China Doll. Injuries happen in this game but Joe has gonna over his quota. Moving in from Catcher to 1B hasn't kept him healthy.... I guess.

This is what I read earlier today:

Update: Joe Mauer (oblique) expected to hit on the field on Wednesday at Target Field while the Twins are on the road. He will start taking batting practice Monday in the cages.

I also saw an update on Nolasco.  Said he would have 2 or 3 bullpen sessions before starting a rehab assignment.