Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Twins Alum Update (Orlando Hudson)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Orlando Hudson, though not hitting well (.208/,257/.330), has five triples. Oh yeah, and ZERO doubles.

#2 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,439 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

Orlando Hudson, though not hitting well (.208/,257/.330), has five triples. Oh yeah, and ZERO doubles.

I liked having him on the Twins, but it sounded like he was not liked in the clubhouse.

#3 Top Gun

Top Gun

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

O dog!!!!!!!!!!

#4 LastOnePicked

LastOnePicked

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

I liked having him on the Twins, but it sounded like he was not liked in the clubhouse.

Maybe so, but maybe the Twins need to worry more about what the players do on the diamond and worry less about perceptions of a player's "character." Seems like we've pushed a lot of talent out the door over the last decade because they ran afoul of some unwritten code of conduct ... and the results finally speak for themselves. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate having nice people in the organization, but Gardy and company don't seem to give much leeway to guys who they think won't fit the mold.

#5 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:34 AM

"I may not like all of my Players, but if they help me win I don't care" Billy Martin New York Yankees

#6 jlovren

jlovren

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

While I think the primary reason for O-Dogg's departure was financial, the numbers listed above are pretty much what we got right now. I think if it let us save a few million a year than it was a good move getting rid of him. I think I saw something that Bartlett is available. Now that would be a nice return player for us.

#7 jlovren

jlovren

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

And who cares if he is liked in the clubhouse? Chemistry is overrated.

#8 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

And who cares if he is liked in the clubhouse? Chemistry is overrated.

Depends how you define it.