Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Welcome to the new Twins Daily!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#121 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

In trying to just "Reply to this topic," I find I am unable to do simple copy-cut-paste operations in the window as I'm typing in text, with the usual Ctrl-c, Ctrl-x, Ctrl-v. 

Actually, as I'm doing the same thing to try and post this comment, I now discover that I can somewhat inconsistently Cut some text with Ctrl-x, but it has yet to ever paste that text back in with a Ctrl-v no matter how often I try.

The little icons at the top of the text window which have Copy, Paste, Paste as Plain Text, and Paste from Word occasionally pop up a warning window asking if I want to allow the browser access to my computer's clipboard (which I'm not necessarily worried about, just puzzled it ever gets to that extreme).

Let me guess... You're using Internet Explorer?

I did a bit of research into this and I'm afraid I have to punt on it for the time being.

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, wrote something into IE11 that breaks Tiny MCE, which is the text editor we use here on TD (along with half the friggin' internet).

Microsoft is the worst. The absolute worst.

#122 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,831 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Minor question: as I look at My Profile settings I see this green stripe under 'Social' and above 'User Tools' that says '13 Good.'

Thirteen good what?
Take your time, and do it right. - N. Fury

#123 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Ready To Smell Baseball

• Members
  • 4,385 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Minor question: as I look at My Profile settings I see this green stripe under 'Social' and above 'User Tools' that says '13 Good.'

Thirteen good what?

If you hover over it, mine says "likes"

#124 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,831 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

If you hover over it, mine says "likes"

Thanks, JB. My iPad doesn't hover well. It's more of the long runway type. :)
  • JB_Iowa likes this
Take your time, and do it right. - N. Fury

#125 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Can we get the link to Twins MLBtraderumors.com back? I liked that

#126 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

It's all looking pretty good now! Really do like that "guitar pick" a lot.

#127 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Kudos to Brock and the rest of Twins Daily. It's so easy and tempting when reaching a milestone on a big project to take a quick break, take a breath, a step back to enjoy the "fruits of your labors" for a time, but you guys have kept on it, even after the new site went on line. Bravo!

#128 ericchri

ericchri

Generally Clueless

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

Let me guess... You're using Internet Explorer?

I did a bit of research into this and I'm afraid I have to punt on it for the time being.

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, wrote something into IE11 that breaks Tiny MCE, which is the text editor we use here on TD (along with half the friggin' internet).

Microsoft is the worst. The absolute worst.

I kind of expected that to be the answer, honestly.Guess it's time for me to really give Firefox a shot.I was an Opera user for something like 15 years or so, but they abandoned their awesome homegrown browser and I really dislike the new one they have now, which forced me to give something else a try.I went with IE for simplicity due to having a couple in-house apps which were built for IE compatibility.Thanks for the answer!

#129 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

I kind of expected that to be the answer, honestly.Guess it's time for me to really give Firefox a shot.I was an Opera user for something like 15 years or so, but they abandoned their awesome homegrown browser and I really dislike the new one they have now, which forced me to give something else a try.I went with IE for simplicity due to having a couple in-house apps which were built for IE compatibility.Thanks for the answer!

If it makes you feel any better, I have primarily tested the site in FF, Chrome and Safari. Any of those browsers should work as expected.

#130 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I have primarily tested the site in FF, Chrome and Safari. Any of those browsers should work as expected.

I've been finding, for me anyway, that Chrome is working the best on my desktop for TD.

🐜 ⚾️ 🐜 ⚾️ 🐜 Antsy for baseball! 🐜 ⚾️ 🐜 ⚾️ 🐜

#131 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

I've been finding, for me anyway, that Chrome is working the best on my desktop for TD.

Definitely. Firefox's JavaScript engine seems to bog under the site load, even on my ridiculously expensive laptop.

#132 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Definitely. Firefox's JavaScript engine seems to bog under the site load, even on my ridiculously expensive laptop.

Even Safari was doing that to some extent, but not on my iPad.  But I'll make a list of things that still need checking there, but it's okay for now.

🐜 ⚾️ 🐜 ⚾️ 🐜 Antsy for baseball! 🐜 ⚾️ 🐜 ⚾️ 🐜

#133 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,447 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Brock, did there used to be a "cancel" button by the posts? Believe it or not, I'd sometimes delete my tirades and not post them. I assume now, I should just hit "back' or something else. I liked the button, but if you are doing agile, you can put this at the bottom of your user stories......

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#134 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Ready To Smell Baseball

• Members
  • 4,385 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

I keep 3 different browsers loaded (FF, Chrome, IE) so I can have access to 3 different home pages really fast.

And TD is my Chrome home page.  

Works well for me.

#135 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Brock, did there used to be a "cancel" button by the posts? Believe it or not, I'd sometimes delete my tirades and not post them. I assume now, I should just hit "back' or something else. I liked the button, but if you are doing agile, you can put this at the bottom of your user stories......

I'll have to have a discussion with the mods about users deleting posts. I'm not against it per se, I just want their feedback on it first.

#136 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 7,447 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Not deleting posts.....sorry. When typing up a post, there used to be a cancel button. I know it is redundant to "back" or just erasing the post, but it did make it easy for me type a tirade. Read it. And hit cancel before posting my stupidity.......

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#137 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Not deleting posts.....sorry. When typing up a post, there used to be a cancel button. I know it is redundant to "back" or just erasing the post, but it did make it easy for me type a tirade. Read it. And hit cancel before posting my stupidity.......

If you toggle over to More Reply Options, it gives you a cancel option.

Or you can just hit back in the browser. Either works.

#138 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

So, only your best tirades make it to print :)

Well tirades are what the Twins need to be hearing IMO...

#139 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 7,447 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

So, only your best tirades make it to print :)

Well tirades are what the Twins need to be hearing IMO...

I have seriously tried to be more positive lately. Today, I am not succeeding......

#140 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 7,447 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

If you toggle over to More Reply Options, it gives you a cancel option.

Or you can just hit back in the browser. Either works.

Thanks!