Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Welcome to the new Twins Daily!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#81 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Brock, I noticed on the mobile site I get to see who the last poster was and when, but ont he desktop version I only see who started it.  I LOVE seeing who was the last to post and when.  (I know the stars/circles help mark this too but it's nice to see)

To piggy-back after Seth a bit....when I click on the forums link I basically find that page useless now.  Before I could click on that page and see if anything was going on in the More Baseball, Football, Ask Twins Daily, or the Sports Bar.  Using the circles and stars to keep track in Twins Talk and Minor Leagues is easy because they are high frequency, but at this point I don't know a way to see if one of the other forums has a discussion going on without literally clicking on the subforum.  As someone that frequents those forums when something interesting is going on it's kind of a pain to check every subforum daily when the conversations are more infrequent.  Without that convenience, the forum page is basically worthless, especially with the guitar pick acting in it's place.  

I hate to sound unappreciative and complainy (I really do like the new look!)....just something that I've noticed being a pain.  Maybe there is a better way to navigate that I need to be instructed of.

Question: Does your forum page look like this? Can you see the reply links to the right of topic number and post number?

test

#82 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Good catch. That must be what Seth was talking about. I'll look into grouping those by thread.

That is correct.

#83 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

One quick question - how do I accumulate "warning points?"  BECAUSE I HAVE TO HAVE THE MOST!!!!!!

ALL CAPPS ALL THE TIME

:th_alc: :th_alc: :th_alc: :th_alc: :th_alc: :th_alc:

#84 whosafraidofluigirussolo

whosafraidofluigirussolo

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Apologies if this is a redundant post since I didn't read through the entire middle of this thread, but on the new site just as on the old I'm getting some of the sidebar ads automatically playing sound, either little split-second chunks or full extended sections.

Kind of a nuisance at any time and especially not good for anyone reading the site at work (not that I'd ever do that...)

#85 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

That is correct.

I have to wait to change it until the article forum is done doing whatever the hell it's doing (repopulating old article threads).

Go home, article forum. You're drunk.

• ChiTownTwinsFan and JB_Iowa like this

#86 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

How do we add pics to our galleries?

#87 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

How do we add pics to our galleries?

Do you not have an upload link? I'm still sorting through the permissions in the gallery.

#88 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Question: Does your forum page look like this? Can you see the reply links to the right of topic number and post number?

Nope, I see the total number of threads and posts....is it a setting I have to change?

#89 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

This is what I see.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#90 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,339 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

I got a permissions error when I tried to view that image.

#91 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

This is what I see.

Well, there's another permission problem. I can't see the attachment. Can you email it to brock@twinsdaily.com?

#92 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Yup

#93 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Derpity derp. I think I found the setting. Now take a look.

Man, the migration really FUBARed permissions. None of these issues existed on the test site.

#94 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

MUCH better....you are a wizard sir.

#95 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Do you not have an upload link? I'm still sorting through the permissions in the gallery.

No upload link, either from my willihammer>my profile>my gallery view, or when replying to a post -the only option is to link to URL.

#96 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

No upload link, either from my willihammer>my profile>my gallery view, or when replying to a post -the only option is to link to URL.

Okay. I'll take a look in the morning.

#97 curt1965

curt1965

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLuverne, Minnesota

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

It has really helped to read this entire thread. Many of my questions were answered.
Thanks to all who helped!
  • Kirby_waved_at_me likes this

#98 Kirby_waved_at_me

Kirby_waved_at_me

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

Seeing the new look for the first time - it's nice - really appreciate all the work that is done to make this forum run smoothly.

I agree with Curt above - reading through the thead was great. Thanks to all that make this forum such a great place to share the love of the Twins!

#99 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

Not sure if you care, but at my crappy work computer, it looks 100X better on IE8.........I love the new look a lot. Can't wait to explore more when I'm back home.

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#100 SweetOne69

SweetOne69

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

The new site looks great.I have a question.I used to view the forums by clicking "what's new" or something like that.I can still do that on the mobile site, but I can't find it on the desktop site.

Is that feature still here?