Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

HOF Induction Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Whatchamacallit is the Best Candy Bar

• Members
  • 1,992 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

I have to be honest. I am very much looking forward to watching the HOF induction on Sunday.

Although there is not a character who will tell some funny ass stories, etc., etc... I am excited for Maddux's and LaRussa's speeches. I have long admired these guys and it will be fun to watch them talk about their take on things.

Everyone going in this year is well deserving and I look forward to every speech from Big Hurt, Glavine, Maddux, Cox, LaRussa, and Torre. I hope there is a tear jerking moment. I like to feel the passion and emotion and I like to get caught up into it. To me it is meaningful. That is how I relate to baseball in my core.

#2 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Locationlittle sioux river

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

I have to be honest. I am very much looking forward to watching the HOF induction on Sunday.

Although there is not a character who will tell some funny ass stories, etc., etc... I am excited for Maddux's and LaRussa's speeches. I have long admired these guys and it will be fun to watch them talk about their take on things.

Everyone going in this year is well deserving and I look forward to every speech from Big Hurt, Glavine, Maddux, Cox, LaRussa, and Torre. I hope there is a tear jerking moment. I like to feel the passion and emotion and I like to get caught up into it. To me it is meaningful. That is how I relate to baseball in my core.

as a die hard white sox fan since 1958 i can't wait to hear thomas' speech-- he will chokeup for sure!! tony's will be most interesting
the 3 braves i will listen to with less reverence
god bless baseball

god bless the good ol' grateful dead

#3 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,339 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

as a die hard white sox fan since 1958

Chief says, "damn kids."

#4 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Chief says, "damn kids."

chief says "damn White Sox fans." ;)

#5 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 4,289 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

It is just a little amazing though to think of Maddux, Glavine and Cox going in together.  Some great 90's Braves teams.

#6 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Locationlittle sioux river

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Chief says, "damn kids."

yup

still wearing 3 cornered pants and poopin' green....

god bless the good ol' grateful dead

#7 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

Maddux could tell some great stories.  He's known for his locker room hijinks, including infamously walking up to rookies and chatting them up while urinating on them in the shower.

It's a really fun weekend for me. A lot of my teen years were spent cheering on half of the class going in Sunday, and that's pretty cool.

Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!