Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Game Thread: Twins v Pale Hose, 7/25 @ 7:10pm CT

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Game-time forecast: Mostly cloudy. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 80.

PALE HOSE:
SP, Danks

Adam Eaton CF
Alexei Ramirez SS
Jose Abreu 1B
Adam Dunn DH
Dayan Viciedo RF
Conor Gillaspie 3B
Gordon Beckham 2B
Alejandro De Aza LF
Tyler Flowers C

TWINS:
SP, Correia

Danny Santana CF
Eduardo Nunez 3B
Brian Dozier 2B
Chris Colabello 1B
Josh Willingham DH
Oswaldo Arcia RF
Kurt Suzuki C
Eduardo Escobar SS
Sam Fuld LF

-----------------------

Bri ... I had a minute, so put the lineups up. Thanks, though.
------------------------
OK... The way you worded that sentence... It means I have to say "You're Welcome" for your putting the lineups up. So... Umm... You're Welcome and Thanks for putting the lineups up.

Things to Think About:

1. Chicago White Sox -- Ok... Just checking to see if my attitude toward the White Sox has changed. Do I still hate them as much as I hate getting poked on facebook or as much as I hate bacon that is not crispy or as much as I hate paying 20 bucks for parking in a ramp that I have to walk 15 miles just to get out of the ramp. Just checking... and yep... Turns out that I still hate the White Sox just as much... if not more. Nothing has changed since yesterday or 1977 for that matter.

2. John Danks -- John is a 29 left hander out of Austin Texas. I think I've already done a thing on John Danks so I'll just add a couple more thoughts about John. Like I mentioned... He's left handed and he was born in Austin Texas. This makes perfect sense since Austin is perhaps the only left leaning place in the state of Texas. A blue city in the middle of a red state. Danks is an odd last name but it fits because John generally walks around damp, chilly and clammy. The White Sox are a Dank Team. They should make John Danks the captain of this Dank team. Dank It... I hate the White Sox.

3. Kendrys Morales -- I didn't find out about the Morales trade yesterday until after I posted the Game Thread Set-up. So... I suppose I should think about it today. I think we thought it was very possible that Morales would be flipped but I think we all had visions of a stronger return. I think we also had visions of a stronger Kendrys. In the end... We got Stephen Pryor in return. Pryor could really throw the crap out of a baseball before he hurt his shoulder. I have no idea if he will come back as he once was. If he does... we will be happy. If he doesn't... we will be disappointed. As for Kendrys... I thought I read somewhere that Kendrys did not want to sign with Seattle. As in... Didn't like his time in Seattle at all. If that's the case... Pack your bags... Because Seattle is the destination. I have no idea but I think I read that and am under the impression that Kendrys may not be happy with how it turned out.

4. Glunn -- It has occurred to me that Glunn may have never been a pre-game thought. If not... this needs to be corrected. And this is the best time to do so. Here's Why:
A. I really don't have another thought about Nunez or Hammer or Arcia and my thoughts are kind of negative about the club.
B. I hate the White Sox and this has started my thoughts out in a negative way. Therefore placing Glunn right here as thought #4 balances that out. Because Glunn is a positive force with a good soul. Glunn is like a puppy. He's like Sunshine shining on a puppy while the puppy is bringing a stuffed animal to a child. So congratulation Glunn... You are thought #4.

5. My Youngest Son -- On Wednesday while I was driving home from Southern Minnesota. My Youngest Son decided to spend the early afternoon in the sunshine with his IPAD. He had nothing to do so he sat in a lawn chair outside watching "The Office" Re-Runs on Netflix on this IPAD. Apparently... When the IPAD gets warm... it will issue a warning saying that the device is overheating and this happened. My Youngest Son... 16 years of age... Lept into action and placed the IPAD immediately in the freezer. Hold on... It gets better... but I'd like to pause here... Before I completely throw him under the bus... I'd like to point out that he's a great young man. Straight A's in school... Respectful and he's never been a problem... Not once in his life. Ok... Back to throwing him under the bus... Like I said it gets better. His older brother had no idea he put the IPAD in the freezer but he needed a ride to the fitness club. So my younger son gave him a ride and then came home with just enough time to get dressed and go to work. This was all around 2PM... and he worked until 10PM. Yep... for those of you doing the math. He froze his IPAD for over 8 hours. Now I've done my best to give my kids a good home and I think there is a good home down the street.

Edited by Riverbrian, 25 July 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#2 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

They are not facing renowned ace Hector Noesi, so the bats should come to life.

#3 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Locationlittle sioux river

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

They are not facing renowned ace Hector Noesi, so the bats should come to life.

we will trade him to you for suzuki

god bless the good ol' grateful dead

#4 Danchat

Danchat

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

I don't understand why Parmelee isn't getting ABs and Fuld is. I thought we were rebuilding, not playing our mediocre veterans...

#5 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

I don't understand why Parmelee isn't getting ABs and Fuld is. I thought we were rebuilding, not playing our mediocre veterans...

Fair question but I have no idea. Only Gardy knows what goes on inside that bald head.

May all our prospects be All Stars and the beer be free.

#6 Kwak

Kwak

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

My Q for the lineup is: Why Nunez instead of Plouffe? Are they showcasing Nunez for a trade or seeking a replacement for Plouffe?

#7 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Or just giving Plouffe a day off?

#8 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

we will trade him to you for suzuki

I'd prefer Ramirez for Suzuki. That seems fair.

#9 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

I'd prefer Ramirez for Suzuki. That seems fair.

let's compromise
you get noesi and dunn

we get suzuki and a bag of peanuts

#10 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

let's compromise
you get noesi and dunn

we get suzuki and a bag of peanuts

What??? I've gotta give you peanuts, too?

#11 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

woulda asked for a dome dog
but there ain't no dome

#12 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

woulda asked for a dome dog
but there ain't no dome

Coulda asked for a Cuban sandwich ... but then I definitely wouldn't trade that.

#13 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,318 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Esp. since Danks is a changeup lefty, not a slider lefty. His splits are nil (.742 against RHB and .748 against LHB)

#14 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

ask the white goatee

#15 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

"....He froze his IPAD for over 8 hours."

Did he try defrosting it in the microwave that might work?

#16 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,506 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

4. Glunn -- It has occurred to me that Glunn may have never been a pre-game thought. If not... this needs to be corrected. And this is the best time to do so. Here's Why:
A. I really don't have another thought about Nunez or Hammer or Arcia and my thoughts are kind of negative about the club.
B. I hate the White Sox and this has started my thoughts out in a negative way. Therefore placing Glunn right here as thought #4 balances that out. Because Glunn is a positive force with a good soul. Glunn is like a puppy. He's like Sunshine shining on a puppy while the puppy is bringing a stuffed animal to a child. So congratulation Glunn... You are thought #4.

Thank you my friend. I am going to have to share that one with my wife and perhaps some of my enemies.

As usual, I love #5. But #4 made my day.

#17 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Whatchamacallit is the Best Candy Bar

• Members
  • 1,945 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=ChiTownTwinsFan;260577 5. My Youngest Son -- On Wednesday while I was driving home from Southern Minnesota. My Youngest Son decided to spend the early afternoon in the sunshine with his IPAD. He had nothing to do so he sat in a lawn chair outside watching "The Office" Re-Runs on Netflix on this IPAD. Apparently... When the IPAD gets warm... it will issue a warning saying that the device is overheating and this happened. My Youngest Son... 16 years of age... Lept into action and placed the IPAD immediately in the freezer. Hold on... It gets better... but I'd like to pause here... Before I completely throw him under the bus... I'd like to point out that he's a great young man. Straight A's in school... Respectful and he's never been a problem... Not once in his life. Ok... Back to throwing him under the bus... Like I said it gets better. His older brother had no idea he put the IPAD in the freezer but he needed a ride to the fitness club. So my younger son gave him a ride and then came home with just enough time to get dressed and go to work. This was all around 2PM... and he worked until 10PM. Yep... for those of you doing the math. He froze his IPAD for over 8 hours. Now I've done my best to give my kids a good home and I think there is a good home down the street.[/QUOTE]

I think a spanking will do the trick.

When he turns 18, if I were you, I would take him to the red-light district of Grand Forks and introduce him to the seedier side of life. He seems like a perfect kid, and unfortunately, this society will eat him up alive. He needs to shake hands with debauchery, and a firm hand shake at that.

Or... you could send him down here for the rest of the summer to stay with Uncle Bark. I will show him the ins and outs of panhandling, pickpocketing, and the proper ways to converse with people of the night. I am an educator at heart and would like to help.:)

Edited by Bark's Lounge, 25 July 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#18 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Here is Glunn's postiive energey (minus making some child happy).

Posted Image

#19 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 4,118 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Pardon my brain for glitching but who was thinking about getting a new pup??

Did you??

#20 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image

Cute!

Closely resembles the rally bunny..

we might need that puppy later :)

#21 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 4,118 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

I think a spanking will do the trick.

I wouldn't spank him. I'd make him work his b*tt off.

#22 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

This melted my heart, until I thought about taking him/her for a walk and having to pick up its poop. That's not in my bag of tricks.

#23 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Cute!

Closely resembles the rally bunny..

we might need that puppy later :)

I tried to find a picture of a puppy holding a stuffed (rally) rhino. Not as easy as you would think.

#24 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

I wouldn't spank him. I'd make him work his b*tt off.

Now given, it would not be a beating, but a light spanking in front of his friends to humiliate him, not hurt him physically.

Mental torture is a more long term effective measure than physical torture.

#25 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

Mental torture is a more long term effective measure than physical torture.

what my youngest son says every time he remembers i encouraged him to be a hawkeye fan

#26 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'll give it another try.
Rally Rhino (Sux).jpg

#27 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

what my youngest son says every time he remembers i encouraged him to be a hawkeye fan

I don't know... MASH was a pretty good TV program. Hawkeye was top notch. You are in the right.

#28 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

ha!
at easter vacation all of us watched the original altman film, at my firm insistance, and all 3 of them hated it because they thought it was so inferior to the alda show

kids....

#29 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Holy crap!

#30 teekz

teekz

Jedi Master

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCoruscant
  • Twitter: tdkuhl

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Need more beer for this...