Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Chuck Knoblauch

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Draft Czar

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

The Twins announce that Knoblauch's HOF ceremony and induction has been canceled due to "recent news".

That news being that he was arrested last night for assaulting his ex-wife.

I think the induction will still be on... to prison.

#2 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

This whole Knoblauch saga is getting seriously sad. Here is the story about his arrest:

http://www.khou.com/...-268479052.html

With all that we've learned recently about concussions and such in baseball, I'm starting to wonder if there is some mental illness going on, or physical brain problem that he is fighting. This is getting reminiscent of Darren Daulton, who also had a domestic violence charge, espoused some very goofy beliefs in occultism, and needed brain surgery in 2013.

#3 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,623 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

There's something peculiarly right about this ...

even though he was very, very wrong.

#4 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

From the release, it sounds like just the induction ceremony is cancelled... will he still be a member of the Twins HOF?

http://www.startribu.../268495992.html

#5 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

This whole Knoblauch saga is getting seriously sad. Here is the story about his arrest:

http://www.khou.com/...-268479052.html

With all that we've learned recently about concussions and such in baseball, I'm starting to wonder if there is some mental illness going on, or physical brain problem that he is fighting. This is getting reminiscent of Darren Daulton, who also had a domestic violence charge, espoused some very goofy beliefs in occultism, and needed brain surgery in 2013.

He could just be an alcoholic/drug addict.

It's not a huge secret in NYC that during his time here he was actually banned from multiple bars for drugs/boozing to much.

While you can never fully know about head injuries etc, it just appears to me that Knoblauch falls into the rather large group of having drug/booze issues and being an ******* at the same time. Then again, he may not have drug/booze issues and may just be a huge jerk, who knows. Sad story all around though.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

:whacky028::whacky028: :whacky028::whacky028:

#6 Giles Ferrell

Giles Ferrell

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

I was looking forward to his HOF induction next month. Sad situation but the Twins were right to pull the plug on this.

Writer over at Wild Xtra. Baseball aficionado. Waiting for the return of the Dome Dog.

#7 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Certainly pro baseball players can suffer mental illness just like people in any other occupation, only much higher profile. Doesn't necessarily have any connection with concussions or the sport itself.

#8 tobi0040

tobi0040

• Members
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

He could just be an alcoholic/drug addict.

It's not a huge secret in NYC that during his time here he was actually banned from multiple bars for drugs/boozing to much.

While you can never fully know about head injuries etc, it just appears to me that Knoblauch falls into the rather large group of having drug/booze issues and being an ******* at the same time. Then again, he may not have drug/booze issues and may just be a huge jerk, who knows. Sad story all around though.

Could be lot of things, but he looks hammered in the picture.

#9 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 9,420 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Twinsights: Induction ceremony canceled after Chuck Knoblauch’s arrest

Sad story concerning a very troubled guy.

http://blogs.twincit...blauchs-arrest/

#10 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,623 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

http://www.twinsdail...Chuck-Knoblauch

#11 kydoty

kydoty

First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

That's the look of a man with a lot of regret in life.

Posted Image

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

#12 Beezer07

Beezer07

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Wow, back to back jokes about domestic violence.

#13 CRArko

CRArko

Don't need no stinkin badges

• Members
  • 2,803 posts
  • LocationNagoya
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Wow, back to back jokes about domestic violence.

Yes, part of having a sense of humor is recognizing when something is not funny. This isn't. It's just really a very sad story.
The Mighty Shabani

#14 jaimedude2

jaimedude2

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Could be lot of things, but he looks hammered in the picture.

Got to think this dude is drowning away his past glory with Alcohol out of pure boredom and the fact he has no connection to the game currently. He was a good baseball player but seems to have some anger issues.
Probably has some side effects from past concussions and possibly even steroid or amphetamines use? Baseball players from that era, several of them have had these problems.

#15 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,623 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Got to think this dude is drowning away his past glory with Alcohol out of pure boredom and the fact he has no connection to the game currently. He was a good baseball player but seems to have some anger issues.
Probably has some side effects from past concussions and possibly even steroid or amphetamines use? Baseball players from that era, several of them have had these problems.

HGH???

http://www.nytimes.c...emens.html?_r=0

#16 Pius Jefferson

Pius Jefferson

Master of the Obvious

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

It should not have taken a second domestic abuse charge to keep Knoblauch out of the Twins Hall of Fame.

#17 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,623 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

It should not have taken a second domestic abuse charge to keep Knoblauch out of the Twins Hall of Fame.

That was kind of my basis for my strange comment above.

First we have him not attending the opening of TF because it was right after he was sentenced in the assault against his first wife.

Now we have this charge.

And women, get a clue, if they assault the first wife, they are probably going to assault future girlfriends, wives. Stay the heck away.

#18 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,340 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

I was looking forward to his induction that weekend, he was 1b on my favorite players list.

No excuses for this kind of thing though.

#19 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

And women, get a clue, if they assault the first wife, they are probably going to assault future girlfriends, wives. Stay the heck away.

Ah yes, nothing like a little victim blaming.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

:whacky028::whacky028: :whacky028::whacky028:

#20 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 4,094 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Memorial Villages police officers arrested Knoblauch and said he appeared “extremely intoxicated.”

He's looking at more probation/jail time, lost the HoF ceremony... Hopefully this is rock bottom for Chuck.