ChiTown is going to post the lineups and forecast right here. C'mon ChiTown give me a good WX forecast. I'll be at the game today... Yeah... And a decent lineup to... While you are at it.
Bri, well, it's not very warm (imo) but if you are sitting in the sun, should be nice; don't forget the sunscreen! Decent lineup? Well, um ... enjoy the sun!
Things to think about:
1. Anthony Swarzak -- Maybe I've taken him for granted but I really haven't thought about Swarzak much. Typically when he's in the game... Something has gone wrong with a starter. So by the time Swarzak takes the mound I'm at the point where I'm just numb. Like novocaine directly into the brain. Brain novocaine time is usually when I say something stupid that causes my wife to not talk to me for a week and it's also causes over use of ellipses... So yeah... In case your wondering... The Twins starting pitching has caused most of the self inflicted problems in my life. Who were we talking about... I got off track... Oh yeah... That's right... Swarzak. Statistically he was pretty good last year and inconsistent this year. He draws the emergency start today after doctors told Kyle Gibson that he had a stiff back.
2. Trevor Bauer -- I used to read the articles on this kid... It was like a Three Dog Night song... Trevor's Coming... Better hide your heart. Just wait til Bauer hits the majors... He's going to dominate and not look back. He hit the majors but he did quite a bit of looking back and he still hasn't wrapped up that MLB job but he's getting closer. After some clunkers this year he has brought his ERA down to 3.89. Trevor is 23 years old and a California boy and from reports... Very cocky. I've read that he spends hours looking over video of his mechanics... He has a unique warm up routine where he long tosses from foul pole to foul pole. I've read that his stubbornness of doing things his way was a reason the D-Backs were willing to trade him. I don't know if its true but he's in the AL Central now and I'm betting that he puts it together. He was the third pick overall in the 2011 draft. It certainly didn't take that long for him to arrive.
3. Kyle Gibson - Kyle has an issue with his back so he won't be back on the mound. If you think back to his last start. The OF had their back to the wall on a few occasions. Where am I going with this? I have no idea... I'll have to get back to you but I hope you all back me by having my back.
4. Pick it up -- July is starting to feel like a grind. The Twins haven't been playing good exciting baseball lately. I hope they snap out of it because they didn't in 2013.
5. Gas station -- Yesterday morning I stopped at a Gas Station before driving to Eau Claire. Filled up my car... Got a coffee and stepped to the counter to pay for it. It was around 8AM... And the cashier handed me my receipt and said to me "Have a good night". It was a Minnesota Nice Pleasantry that I've heard a thousand times so I didn't think about it... I just returned a U2 at him and walked out the door. About half way to my car... It dawned on me. Good Night? It's 8AM... Have a good night? Well apparently he doesn't give a $&@& about the rest of my DAY. I'm clearly on my own this morning and afternoon and I have no well wishes stockpiled to get me through the day now. While driving I decided that I was going to start telling people to have a good next Thursday just to be different. So... Everyone reading this... Have a good next Thursday.
BTW... I did have a good night. Hung out with Stringer Bell and talked baseball while watching the Twins lose.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 23 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.