Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Monday Morning Madness: July 21, 2014

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

SeƱior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ss-July-21-2014

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#2 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,050 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Yeah Chris Archer just threw about 6 belt high 94 fastballs right by Arcia the other day. Swung under em just as Parker described. Clearly its a weakness that's being exploited.

Hope he figures it out. When he's able to connect, good things seem to happen.

#3 oldguy10

oldguy10

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Yeah Chris Archer just threw about 6 belt high 94 fastballs right by Arcia the other day. Swung under em just as Parker described. Clearly its a weakness that's being exploited.

Hope he figures it out. When he's able to connect, good things seem to happen.

Isn't that also true about ALL hitters, the obvious is being belabored here.

#4 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'm in the Tweak it now camp. I am not a big fan of a sell of as there are not necesarrily any replacements available for some of the players we could trade and the return is not worth the effort in my mind. I would rather just trade Corriea and bring up May and Meyer. Maybe a reliever or 2 as well. I don't see the value of trading the offensive pieces unless the Twins want to roll with Pinto at Catcher the rest of the season. In that case we could trade Suzuki. I don't see it that way at this time so I wouldn't do that. But I think we should keep Willingham and Morales and let them go as free agents in the offseason.

#5 twinsfan34

twinsfan34

Paul DeVos

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Boy that Rickey Henderson card brings flashbacks.

Add that to the barrel chested shirtless Kirby Puckett in that series too.

#6 troyhobbs

troyhobbs

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

I'm in the Tweak it now camp. I am not a big fan of a sell of as there are not necesarrily any replacements available for some of the players we could trade and the return is not worth the effort in my mind. I would rather just trade Corriea and bring up May and Meyer. Maybe a reliever or 2 as well. I don't see the value of trading the offensive pieces unless the Twins want to roll with Pinto at Catcher the rest of the season. In that case we could trade Suzuki. I don't see it that way at this time so I wouldn't do that. But I think we should keep Willingham and Morales and let them go as free agents in the offseason.

What's the benefit there? Several TD posters seem to think Morales looks washed up and suddenly forgot how to hit but once the rust is completely gone I don't think that will not be the case and other teams are going to want him. Playing out a meaningless season and letting these guys walk at the end of the year for a return of zero makes little sense.